Fiesta Faction banner

Aggressive Wheel fitment on a Fiesta?

76K views 150 replies 44 participants last post by  marcnaranjo 
#1 ·
Are there any ideas as to what a more aggressive/flush offset for wheels would be on the new Fiesta yet?

Im not looking for dumpt status...just want flush wheels give or take a few mm.

7" wheel - ???
8" wheel - ???

#2 ·
Thanks to Jazzdog I know that the wheel offsets are (his quote);

"45 mm for alloys, 47.5mm for the steel wheels. I know somebody who knows somebody..."

If you go with wider than factory rims you're going to have to alter the offset so your not contacting the suspension. I don't know how flush the wheels are to the body fenders though and I guess you'll need that.

#3 ·
I have tried factory 16" Focus wheels, 17" SVT EAP Focus wheels, and 17" x 7" Axis Touring Cups to my Fiesta. I don't have the offset number available for the Axis wheels, but they do stick out further than the SVT EAP's, and factory 16" Focus wheels. Tire size is critical for 17". The EU cars all ran P205/40 17 tires. I am going with P215/40 17, but may end up with some fender rubbing at full lock. Coming from Mustang land, I am well used to issues of sticking big tires under small wheel wells, so rubbing at lock is normal. I tried 215/45 17 tires and found them too big for the Fiesta. There was not a comfortable amount of clearence between the inner fenders and bumper cover.

Take a look at the Ford Racing Fiesta Tuner concept to see what the SVT EAP wheels look like.

#37 ·
What were the offset on the wheels with the 215/40 17's? Going to get 215/35 17's on 17x7 offset 40mm wheels. Wondering if maybe I can even go with 225's. Will jack the car up and see what kinda clearance I have, but pretty sure 215/35's won't rub. Ok, kinda sure.

#5 ·
I have struggled to find the same thing. Actually, I have struggled finding any real data on mods from the UK. Everyone puts light bulbs in their car and calls it done. Hoping to find dyno results from intake, exhaust, and bolt on parts. If I find anything for wheels, I will surely pass it along.

#8 ·
I have used a U.K. website for "compomotive wheels" they have diagrams that explain very clearly how to measure backspacing, brake clearances, offsets etc. I had some of their wheels on my mustang in the eighties and had their catalog, which contained a fittment guide similar what is now offered online. It helped me quite a bit then.

#14 · (Edited)
I thought the OZ wheels looked good on Tire Rack's website, but then I noticed "fewer than 2 available"??!! I read that OZ has pulled distribution from the US. Try fordracingparts.com for Focus wheels if you want 17's. Any 17-inch,4x108,42 to 49 offset should fit.

Just went back and saw the Ultraleggeras. Look hot but I really wanted the Superturismo in 17--that's no longer available

#25 ·
If you're refering to the side window moldings and the rear hatch handle trim, those are chrome when you add the 301A upgrade package (chrome, alarm, heated seats) so he didn't have that option. It still has the chrome LED's upfront that ALL SES's have. I got stuck with the upgrade pkg. because it's required to add leather:(

#26 ·
I just realized that and was about to come back here to scold myself... haha

I got the 301A for the other features that come along with it - didn't realize that it also caused the sides and back to get chromed... I wish you could order like it's burger king - "Yes, I'll take the 301A but please leave out the extra chroming" ;)

#27 ·
Rodewaryer/BRGT350: I think both of your cars have different but perfect looks with the coloring of the 3d bodywork. What do you each of you think about painting the 3d lower rear skirt body color or leaving the middle section black? And Bryan: Is the middle section on yours painted black, clearcoated over dark primer, or something else?

#31 ·
The center section of the rear bumper insert on the body kit is supposed to be painted black, however, I have seen a number of them painted body color. I prefer it in black since it makes the back of the car look wider and less chunky. This is really the case in white, but less with other colors. I think it actually looked good in blue, and I have seen a red Fiesta with the insert painted body color. My kit came painted from 3dCarbon and the rear section is a semi-gloss black.

#33 · (Edited)
#36 ·
#34 ·
yes, 205/40 17 is what the Fiesta Movement cars had if you got the 17" wheels. If you plan on lowering the car, I would go with the 205/40 and not the 205/45 or 215/40. If I had to do it over again, I think I would have gone with the 205/40 17 and not the 215/40 17.

#40 ·
Got the 215/35 17's from Tirerack. Glade I didn't go 225. 10mm is .39", but this looks like it's over a .5" wider easy. Know there are variances and looks like Yokahama errors on the wider.

Just finished painting my rims black. Baked it in the oven, painted, rebaked, cleared and then placed it in a room kept at 110 degrees, but still gonna give it a week before I mount the tires. Phone cam does not do it justice. Satin black with a satin clear that lays down with a texture. Gonna look like wagon wheels with the 215/35's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.