Fiesta Faction banner

Sync USB icon--what is it supposed to look like?

7K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  aspitaletto 
#1 ·
My son and I have been trying to figure out what the USB icon on the Sync display is attempting to represent. The radio, phone and cd ones all make sense but I can't quite figure out what this one is trying to communicate.

#13 ·
I think it resembles a USB flash drive, and the designer just played a little with the image to make it square. Now the thing that sometimes bug me is how it says Auxiliary and not USB or USB2, now is there an Auxiliary input jack?

#19 ·
Sorry, I never noticed the Auxiliary in the upper left, sort of tuned it out. Mine does indeed say Auxiliary up there. Below in the lower portion I do recall seeing USB and USB2, mabe when the sysem was paused or something.

#21 ·
Hi everyone,

Thanks jehrler for the PM bringing this to my attention. I can speculate with the rest of ya, as these are all great ideas! I have asked my In-Vehicle Technology expert what the designers intend for it to represent. I am sure once he tells me, it will be obvious. :) I will keep you all posted!

~Natasha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.