Fiesta Faction banner

2012 SE Hatch

[Red Candy] 
59K views 247 replies 29 participants last post by  jryder 
#1 · (Edited)
I actually submitted my order for the car on Friday the 17th of June. I know from reading the info Ford sent our dealership that they aren't producing Candy Red until the week 28 production so I don't expect the car to be built until mid-July but I can introduce myself and some of my past cars in the meantime. Also, FWIW, the morning reports as of this morning show my order as "Sub to Plant" which means it's basically in the books to be built and assigned a VIN.

Specs:
2012 SES 5 door hatch
5 Speed manual
Red Candy with Sport Black interior
Exterior Black package
Sunroof
Upgrade Package

I can't wait to have reasons to update this thread :D

**EDIT**
11/11/11
I decided today after almost five months of waiting to switch my order to a 203A package with the following:
5 Speed manual trans
Red Candy Paint
Sport Black interior
SiriusXM/Ambient Lighting Package
Sync and Sound Package
Winter Package

All in all, it isn't much different than what I originally planned on and saves me money as well as should be getting built in a much more timely manner.

Table of Contents:
The Beginning
Interior Protection and Stubby Antenna
Tint
Engine Bay mods
HID Retrofit
PSAP headlights, plate delete, and painted trim
Euro Spoiler
CFM shifter and Ford arm rest
3dCarbon Body Kit
MPT Grille decal and Mountune Carbon Splitter
Suspension Mods
Finished Exterior/suspension
Black signal mirrors
TB Performance Stage 1 Braces
Illuminated Interior Pieces

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks!

First thing I want to say about myself is that I seem to spend stupid amounts of money on cars after I actually buy them :lol:
The first car I really modded was the first car I actually purchased new(still the only new car I've ever bought that was actually for me).
In 2000, I bought a Focus ZX3. It was a cheap base model with crank windows and a manual trans, it did have ABS, A/C, power locks, and a CD player though. I think it cost me a little under $14k with the Ford employee discount.
Throughout the 2.5 years and 45k miles I owned it, I did the following:
-Focus Central ported/polished cylinder head
-Crane Stage 2 cams
-Specialty Fabrication long tube race header
-Focus Central Throttle body
-FocusSport Cool Flo
-MBRP catback
-Upgraded MAF
-DiabloSport chip
-H&R Cup Kit
-Eibach Swaybars
-16" Factory wheels
-BAT Inc headlight eyelids
-Focus Central Race short shifter
-Esslinger Cam Gears
-Esslinger pullies

The car was dynoed at 158whp at a shop in NJ at some point probably in 2002. Very fun car to drive but I upgraded it.
Here is the pics I was able to find of it:

#5 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I think Red Candy will look so good with the black painted exterior accents of the Exterior Black package. Can't wait to see it on something other than the Blaze Yellow and Race Red that they've used for the press photos thus far.

#6 ·
So I ordered the car only a little more than a week ago but I already have my first mod :D

I have plenty of time before the car gets here to get them powdercoated due to their 10 year old finish starting to fade. I'm torn between keeping them bronze or going to a gunmetallic. Thoughts?

#7 ·
Welcome to FF! I look forward to your updates too. :) I'll be fun to see the 2012s.

The wheels are cool. I LOVE gunmetal personally, but could see the appeal of bronze with the red. If you got the 301A package (push button start) then you'll have a chrome beltline, which may not look great with bronze wheels. As an SES your "teeth" (LED) bezels will be chrome too, so that is something to consider. They can be painted though.

#12 ·
Hey Rob. I was wondering what the replacement car after the Forester was going to be. The Fiesta looks like a fun choice.

Now you wrote to me. "Don't expect anything of the caliber of the Forester this time though (write that down, I'm saying it now)." It's now officially written down, but I don't believe you for one minute. After a while, I predict that you'll go to town and start modifying to make this car uniquely yours.

Looking forward to seeing your new ride later this year.

#17 ·
We may be waiting a bit for the Candy red if they are doing a test. My brother in law (works for Ford) said the red dye for that color was sourced from a Japanese factory in the Tsunami zone - which obviously got disrupted. So if they are testing it, Ford may have got another company to produce the dye lot and need to check it out to make sure it meets specs etc. before releasing it.

Went over to the dealer today to see about our order which is nearly 5 weeks in and they were not too hopefull - said another 6-8 weeks. Perhaps we will feel better if it comes in ahead of that.

No VIN# for us either :( The dealer had about 8 cars on order and only 1 had a VIN.

#18 · (Edited)
You're not gonna like hearing this (or maybe you already knew) but Job 1 for the 2012 model year is not until July 13th or 18th or possibly even a few days before on the 11th. Which means, if you get lucky and they build Red Candy that first week the soonest it could be in the dealer would be about six weeks after that or about eight weeks from now. If Red Candy isn't built until a later week then it's gonna be longer based on how many weeks longer they take to build it. I have three 2012s ordered (but none in Red Candy) so I'm pretty much watching this pretty closely too and staying in communication with my Ford folks.

#19 ·
Thanks Karma - appreciate the feedback.
Based on what you and others have said, it probably will come in as a 2012 model. Not much anybody can do about that, just a fact of life so I'm not getting angry at anyone.

Looks like the earthquake activity has finally settled down to a low level over there 10-degree Map Centered at 35°N,140°E but things will take time to get back to normal. A lot of people and infrastructure were simply erased in Japan, so...

#20 ·
They stopped producing all '11 models a few weeks ago so anything that will be produced from this point forward will be a '12.
As far as the paint, I'm being optimistic since they haven't already nixed it for this year like the did the Tuxedo Black which also was sourced from a factory that was affected by the tsunami. I don't know what kind of evaluating they do when coming up with a paint color but hopefully they can get a good, solid test with positive results done by the second week of July.

#21 · (Edited)
Hopefully in the month downtime between the end of production of the 2011s and Job 1 of the 2012s they are giving their workers some time off and counting all the reported issues up and fixing them with their suppliers so when the 2012s roll off the line in a few more weeks, the dealers aren't again stuck fixing them all.

Does anyone know what the build time is on each vehicle? I'm referring to the time from when the car starts on the line until it's in the yard, built and ready to load for shipping?

#22 ·
Judging by the wait time some have reported it was to be 4 weeks, and then another 2 to 3 weeks to transport... :D

Let's see, they sold 65 000, they built the 11s for (for the sake of simplicity) 12 months, that's almost 5500 per month, which is approximately 180 per day.... So that would be around 7 per hour...

Holy crap!! My math is very weak and full of assumptions, but again... Wow!

#27 ·
Not to worry you, but...

Hmm, I'd be worried. A change in the paint code has to be a change for a reason. Usually companies avoid change to save money. :confused: I am making wild assumptions though. Hopefully someone around here know more about this part of the process.

#30 ·
Hmm, I'd be worried. A change in the paint code has to be a change for a reason. Usually companies avoid change to save money. :confused: I am making wild assumptions though. Hopefully someone around here know more about this part of the process.
I was thinking this at first but, then I thought this:
Different part numbers may mean a different source for the same part. Maybe?
I thought maybe 3dCarbon might have an idea since I believe they do the painting on the prepainted body kits ordered through Ford Accessories so maybe they'll have an idea on the different paint code and/or different color even if it's slight. I'll post when I gey a reply.

#35 ·
Also, the hold on my order due to the trial run on the "new" Red Candy came off as of the reports I printed this morning so it looks like it's GO! Now I just have to see when they are going to build the Premium Exterior Package with the manual trans and the build should start. According to our Sales Manager he should get some notes tomorrow morning on it.

#39 ·
None of the ones we have on order are black but I didn't see that it was on hold when looking at the commodities and restrictions with he sales manager today. I think the hold up with my manual trans car is that the Exterior Black package has a 4.25 final drive so it's not the same manual trans as the rest of the Fiestas.

#40 ·
So I sent an email to our sales rep today following up on the Red Candy change for '12 and when the hold was coming off the manual trans cars with the exterior package.
He said the new Red Candy would be "less glittery" than last year's due to the lack ofan additive I can't remember the name of which I'm guessing is the pigment sourced from Japan. Hopefully it's stillas sexy a color as it was last year but I guess I won't know until my car arrives at my store.
He also said that the manual exterior pckaged cars should start the end of this week or next week. Fingers crossed they pick mine up!

#41 ·
We took a Red Candy Fusion in on trade at my dealership so I took the opportunity to see how the current bronze os the TE37s looked against the color. I must say I wasn't really impressed so the search fo a local powdercoater who can turn them to gunmetal is officially on.

#43 ·
So how is the order coming along???

Just found out that my order (placed June 1st) is somewhat hosed. The paint code for the Candy Red has changed from U6 to RZ and it still has a 2011 Model Year date on it. The paint code is supposedly an easy fix, but the model year isn't.

If the field ops rep can't fix it, the dealer will have to re-order it. You would think the dealers should be aware of this and the need to roll the model year, so orders don't get lost. I will pay them a visit tomorrow evening if the Rep can't fix it.

#46 ·
Well the dealer was less than helpfull. All he did was show me a line on a piece of fanfold computer paper saying here is your car and it says "balanced out" right here. I suspect they know more than that, but they didn't want to give me any information. The fun continues.

Hang in there Rob, I think they will be building ours soon, along with the other end of the month sweeps.

#47 ·
I actually feel bad for you for having to start from square one again. I think everyone who has anything to do with ordering a car in a Ford dealer had to have known that the 2011 model year car ALL balanced out in the beginning of June, the manager at your store should have gone in and flipped yours to a '12.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.