Fiesta Faction banner

Voiding warranty

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BRGT350 
#1 ·
I was looking at Ford Racing suspension upgrades but I want to maintain my warranty. Will that void any part of my warranty

#2 ·
All Ford Racing Parts are aftermarket parts. Ford Racing Parts are not Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories.

FR1 Power & FR3 Handling Packs and select components for Mustangs, Fiesta, Focus, and F-150

Ford Racing FR1 Power and FR3 Handling Packs are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when installed by an authorized Ford/Lincoln dealer, beginning upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Racing for the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

2011-2014 FIESTA HANDLING PACK | Part Details for M-FR3-FA | Ford Racing Performance Parts

#4 ·
the only time bumper-bumper is affected by aftermarket parts is if the installed aftermarket part caused another part to fail. For example, if you install different springs and your glove box door breaks, the springs are not going to void your warranty. If you install a turbo and the transmission explodes, then you might have issues. I have been modifying new cars since 2000 and have never had any issues with warranty. I have had to install the factory parts when trying to diagnose a problem on my 2000 Focus since the dealer wanted to eliminate as many variables as they could. It was thought some of the driveability issues were caused by a different intake and throttle body. I put the stock stuff and the problem continued. It was traced to a faulty PCM in ultra cold temps. None of the aftermaket parts had any issues with the warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.