Fiesta Faction banner

1 Year Anniversary & 25,000 miles

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Fiesta_Hack 
#1 ·
Like many of you I searched out a 1.0 and my dealer got me this one and I picked it up last year today. Storm Gray and Sandstone interior.
Just had my 25k maintenance at the dealer and they apologized as they didn't have the air filter in stock only 2 sold 1.0l It was its 5th oil change I haven't relied on the monitoring system. Thought I'd list out a few things .
Overall mileage 38..5 mpg. Not the lie ometer pencil and paper each fillup I probably do the worst type of commuting . NW suburbs of Chicago to downtown Chicago.
Best trip mpg 65mph to Michigan 54 did it twice w weekends in a row .

Have had absolutely no oil consumption. Check it regularly.
May sound crazy but I believe it is getting peppier as it rolls more miles.
I added Aries seat covers and Husky floor mats. They have kept the interior looking brand new..

Only minor oddity is the Auto Climate. I swear sometimes it' has a mind of its own.
Have 3 little warranty issues that need to be taken care of. Drivers speaker is failing,usb input connection lost a piece and the chrome around my drink holder is peeling.
Overall been very happy with my 1.0.

See less See more
#4 ·
I bought mine 12-30-13 and it has only 6900 miles, its had 1 oil change at 3000 miles, by June the full synthetic oil will be ready for another change. My best trip is 50 MPG. Already had the speaker changed under warranty after only 1 month of ownership. I think the engine moves a little too much during idle. I already had a checkup since i had to fix a flat and the battery is perfect.

#6 · (Edited)
Congratulations! I literally could have written this myself. Sounds exactly like my first year with mine on March 7th. Except for the warranty issues - I've only had a leaky axle seal replaced.

Oh, I also HATE the auto climate feature.

#8 ·
The auto climate works great for the Ac just in the winter it decides your warm enough and changes its dampers to blow cold for a bit. I think it's to wake you up.

The car is fun to drive and I get a kick out of it. Reminds me of my Fiat X 1/9 I had. You young guys will have to look that up.

#9 ·
I have a 2015 model which doesn't have the auto climate feature.
I have 7K on my car now and have had it 4 months old now.
I had one warranty issue so far, transmission...all good now.

New 2015 1.0L Fiesta

Old 2011 1.6L Fiesta

#12 ·
...Drivers speaker is failing........
My front passenger speaker just started failing yesterday. It sounds blown, scratchy, at all volume levels, which is odd because I never listen to the radio loud. Actually most of the time the radio is off because the engine makes fantastic tunes. I wonder if they will just give me a speaker and allow me to install it myself. Taking time off work, dropping the car off, picking it up a week later is too time consuming. It will take me 15mins tops to do it myself.

#18 ·
.... and my passenger door speaker failed yesterday :(

Aside from that, as many of you know, my 1.0 has suffered from intermittent engine pinging since about 3k miles. It now has over 15k miles now and its 11 months old. I have not had any spare time to take the car to an alternate dealer to have them troubleshoot the pinging.

#14 ·
Sorry dirtbag didn't mean to spread bad speaker karma.
Transmissions can be lets just say a royal pain. I have an Explorer need not say more. But my 300sdl has over 650,000 on its original transmission just occasion fluid changes. And 2 other old girls with 325 and 315 respectively on them .

#15 ·
@blkoutis ok I had a lime green Fiat X 1/9 it was a fun little car except a fire started in the engine compartment, the dealership came and picked it up, Fiat picked it up from the dealership and gave me a new one just like it ! Ok it just had 2,000 miles on it so I guess it was still considered new anyway ! Put 30,000 miles on the second one before I sold it with absolutely no problems at all !

#17 ·
Buddy you must have had one of the fuel injected ones. Mine was a 78 Gold carburetor. Mine loved alternators and tires. Mid 80s went for third gear and the motor and trans dropped out . Hidden rust everywhere. But a lot of great memories both driving and otherwise with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.