Fiesta Faction banner

Seriously, need some coilover guidance.

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  WildmaninME 
#1 ·
So I adjusted my coilovers, both are adjusted EXACTLY the same, all the way to the millimeter. They are both actually maxed. But when I set down the car, my passenger side wheel gap is significantly more than the driver side, significantly higher that is. What the actual ****!?

#2 ·
Grid - I lowered the '15 last weekend. We did measure the ground-to-fender height before and after. The Passenger / Right side was about a 1/4 inch higher than the Driver / left side with stock suspension. After lowering, the same difference in height was measured. I don't have the measurements handy as I am at work but will get to you later. Please note that the car has only 4k miles on it.

#3 ·
make sure the springs are seated correctly, and then adjust as needed based on fender to ground distance. It won't be a 1-1 relationship between fender height and spring perch height due to the lever arm ratio between the strut centerline and tire center. It will take some trial and error to get it right. Also check the car is sitting on level surface and the fuel tank is full. Once the height is set, re-align for toe.

#4 ·
If the car were put on a set of wheel scales, you would see that each wheel carries a different weight.
So this would affect the coil over setting.
Theoretically, they should be set with the driver on board.
Since not many have access to scales, the ride height is the alternative.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.