Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Please help support Fiesta Faction by clicking this banner!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Timing Belt!

Default Timing Belt!

So, if one were to keep a Fiesta long enough to have to replace the timing belt, what kind of cash outlay will be involved (estimate). Just curious.

Also curious if anyone thinks the 1.6 TiVCT is capable of 200,000 plus following maintenance to the "T" . Mostly Highway driving of course.

I don't know about the cost, and I hope to get 200,000 out of my engine.
    But what I do know, is that the Fiesta does not have a "free-running" (free-wheeling)
    engine.
    In other words; timing belt going = pistons crashing into the valves =
    probable replacement of the engine!
    I plan on getting my belt replaced even before the recommended
    time in the schedule!!
    Last edited by IB-5; 08-13-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    2011 Red Candy, 5spd manual, Fiesta SE Hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by dfw.embalmer View Post
    So, if one were to keep a Fiesta long enough to have to replace the timing belt, what kind of cash outlay will be involved (estimate). Just curious.

Also curious if anyone thinks the 1.6 TiVCT is capable of 200,000 plus following maintenance to the "T" . Mostly Highway driving of course.
    No time standards set yet therefore no pricing on cost yet.

Default Suprising

Quote Originally Posted by LMTech View Post
    No time standards set yet therefore no pricing on cost yet.
    Considering this engine has been running in Europe for some time, you would think Ford would have a general Idea....

I asked the dealer about the 150,000 mile interval, and he said that the belt was carbon fiber. It's the longest intervel I've ever heard of. even at my 25k per year, that's 6 years before I'd have to change it. I'm fine with that.

Default Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bdscre00 View Post
    I asked the dealer about the 150,000 mile interval, and he said that the belt was carbon fiber. It's the longest intervel I've ever heard of. even at my 25k per year, that's 6 years before I'd have to change it. I'm fine with that.
    20-25k is about what I do as well, I don't know If I am going to settle on this car or not, so who knows if I will even have to worry about it.

Considering this engine has been running in Europe for some time, you would think Ford would have a general Idea....
    Ford doesn't use the same labor times across the board they basically develop what THEY think is fair based on time studies and reported times on claims that are submitted. Plus any times they develop would only be for warranty repairs and if the belt last as long as they say then Ford won't ever have to pay for one anyway. Even with an ESP policy they don't sell one that last for that many miles.
    If something does happen that is covered under warranty that requires timing belt to be replaced then the engine would already be apart and putting the belt on would be included.

I wonder how much experience there is for timing belt replacements in other markets where the Fiesta has been around for a few years.

I.e. how much time / cost does it take, and whether there is any tendency for early failure?

Default This is embarrassing for the Blue Oval

We're sorry, the VIN you entered is not supported by the catalog at this time

WTF?

Default As a matter of fact.................

We're sorry, the VIN you entered is not supported by the catalog at this time

WTF?

This is a 100% Total Complete Failure for FoMoCo!!