[Yellow Blaze] Slip's 2011 Fiesta project: Mango - Page 38
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slipster17 View Post
    I do still have them, Don
    Sorry, I don't get around here too often these days, LOL!

If you have a value in mind, let me know, we'll see if we can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by donaldjl View Post
    Sorry, I don't get around here too often these days, LOL!

If you have a value in mind, let me know, we'll see if we can work something out.

I seriously think they were only like $30 straight from Ford when I bought them. And it looks like 2 of the little tabs broke off on the drivers side bezel. If you want them, $10 pays for a box and shipping to your door.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    OEM+ 2011 Yellow Blaze Metallic Zetec-S

Carlisle AFN 2011 & 2013 1st Place Fiesta

We just got in a completely stock 2011 Yellow Blaze SES at the salvage yard. Great opportunity to take some comparison pictures!

Oct 2010 (when we purchased the Fiesta) VS. Oct 2016

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaFaction.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slipster17 View Post
    I seriously think they were only like $30 straight from Ford when I bought them. And it looks like 2 of the little tabs broke off on the drivers side bezel. If you want them, $10 pays for a box and shipping to your door.
    I think a good automotive two-sided molding tape should hold that down, I'm guessing. Let me know if you want to do a Paypal thing or how you'd like to get the funds over. It's certainly worth a shot to see what they look like. I'm thinking of blacking out some of the other chrome as well, as long as I don't go overboard.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by donaldjl View Post
    I think a good automotive two-sided molding tape should hold that down, I'm guessing. Let me know if you want to do a Paypal thing or how you'd like to get the funds over. It's certainly worth a shot to see what they look like. I'm thinking of blacking out some of the other chrome as well, as long as I don't go overboard.

Thanks!
    Hit me at under slipster17@gmail.com on Paypal. Send it over as money to friends/ gift so we don't get hit with the transaction fee. Then just let me know where I'm sending it!

Default State of the Union; 2017

Here we are a few months into 2017 now - things are going great on the homefront! Lorna and I are expecting our 2nd child in September, our son Rhys is almost a full year and a half old (?!?!?!?) and I'm just slowly plugging away at some little finishing touches on the Fiesta. Not too much more to go before I consider my 'vision' essentially complete.

As a refresher - I went into this intending to create an OEM+ version of the Fiesta. To build up something using as many stock Ford parts as possible. To polish the Fiesta into what it could have been from the factory - without going through the rigors of engine swapping or tuning (which - as my car is a 1.6 N/A from late 2010, I have no tuning options available to me anyway...) Quite unintentionally, I discovered last summer that this pretty much meant I was building a Zetec-S conversion. This 'sport' trim level of the car was available in Europe and gave customers all the suspension upgrades that came standard on the ST.

Without further adooooo - here is a rundown of what I have altered/ upgrade/ added since buying this car in October of 2010.

Exterior:
    Bojix Designs front splitter
    Custom honeycomb upper and lower grills
    Hella Supertone horns
    E-spec (OEM European) projector headlights converted to HID
    Zetec-S badging
    Fiesta ST rear wing
    Mountune rear wing extensions
    Dectane E-spec LED rear tail lights
    European spec rear bumper conversion w/ functional rear fog lights
    Fiesta mk7.5 Zetec-S rear diffusor
    OEM Ford molded mud flaps
    2014 Fiesta Titanium 16x6 multi-spoke alloy wheels

still planned: side skirts, 2004 Focus SVT 17x7 6-spoke alloy wheels, redo my stripe

Interior:
    Converted rear seat headrest mounts to utilize 3 'center' headrests for better rear visibility
    2014+ Fiesta tilting front headrests
    Fiesta ST steering wheel
    Fiesta ST black A, B, and C pillar trim
    Fiesta ST black sun visors
    Fiesta ST black trimmed overhead lights
    Fiesta ST black sync voice pick-up
    Painted black headliner
    Painted silver radio controls surround
    2014+ Fiesta silver door handles
    2014+ Fiesta black door grabs
    2014+ Fiesta silver trimmed gauge cluster surround
    2014+ Fiesta silver air vent surrounds
    2014+ Fiesta silver HVAC/ shifter surround
    OEM real leather illuminated shift knob
    European Fiesta 'sport' pedal set
    European Fiesta 'sport' dead pedal
    2014+ Fiesta 'full coverage' lower trunk panel
    OEM all weather rubber floor mats
    OEM all weather rubber trunk mat

Bolt-in COSDEVSVT harness bar originally for mk1 Ford Focus 4/5 door vehicles w/ Scroth 4-point harness for Autocross days. Yes - somehow it bolts right into anchor points in the mk7 Fiesta....

still planned: short shifter, seat upgrade? redo the radio surround?

Suspension:
    Fiesta ST struts and shocks
    Mountune Fiesta ST sport springs
    Fiesta ST front suspension knuckles and dust shields
    Eibach adjustable front camber bolts
    Eibach 21mm rear sway bar

still planned: upgraded shocks and struts? larger front sway bar? undercarriage braces?

Brakes:
    Fiesta ST front brake calipers
    Lapp Racing rear disc brake conversion kit
    Fiesta ST rear calipers
    Focus SVT rear caliper brackets
    Fiesta ST parking brake cable
    Mountune braided steel brake lines
    Mountune RS-R compound brake pads
    Performance slotted front and rear brake rotors
    Grabber green caliper paint

still planned: big brake front rotor conversion?

Engine:
    Fiesta ST snorkel (wider/ shorter than stock SES)
    Fiesta ST200 airbox w/ lower intake hose routed behind lower grill
    Mountune Fiesta ST high flow air filter
    Mountune Fiesta 1.6 NA silicone intake hose
    FSWERKS performance spake plug wires
    Fiesta ST cat-back exhaust

still planned: Mountune rear motor mount, Mountune shift arm, Broken Motorsports exhaust header?

Other:
    Spliced a kill switch into the rear wheel-speed sensor (located along drivers side in trunk) and mounted a rocker switch into the cubby hole below the HVAC controls. As an owner of an early build 2011 Fiesta - I have no menu option to turn off my traction control. This switch allows me to turn off a wheel-speed sensor, which introduces a fault into the PCM, which in turn causes the vehicle to disable the TC, ABS and ESC. Obviously not for everyday use - this is intended to allow me to get unstuck from ice in winter and to silence the electronic nannies while Autocrossing.

I've just spent the last 3 hours reading this most excellent account of the Mango transformation. I have a couple of quick questions:
    1. How many miles are on the car now?
    2. Have you had to make any/many repairs to the OEM workings of the car? Other than the normal maintenance type stuff.
    3. I might have missed it but what was the reason for removing one of the stripes?
    4. In your first post, you said your wife started calling it Mango. How much did she actually drive it?

Thanks for your dedication to chronicling the journey!
    2017 Shadow Black SE
    Formerly 2011 Ingot Silver SE

www.iPlummet.com

Quote Originally Posted by SansSuit View Post
    I've just spent the last 3 hours reading this most excellent account of the Mango transformation. I have a couple of quick questions:
    1. How many miles are on the car now?
    2. Have you had to make any/many repairs to the OEM workings of the car? Other than the normal maintenance type stuff.
    3. I might have missed it but what was the reason for removing one of the stripes?
    4. In your first post, you said your wife started calling it Mango. How much did she actually drive it?

Thanks for your dedication to chronicling the journey!
    Heya SansSuit,
    Thanks for the interest!

Always happy to answer questions.

1. Miles? Coming up on 130k miles

2. Repairs? Replaced the rear hubs/ bearings because they started humming really loud - a pretty sure sign they are going bad. AC pump clutch failed last fall, I have a new unit and am going to replace it when I tear into the engine this summer for the timing belt/ water pump change. Had one rear strut that started leaking oil on me. Had an issue with the throttle body where (I think) the butterfly valve got gunked up somehow and was sticking - caused a wonky idle and some random stalling issues until I replaced it. Other than those - no other issues with any stock bits yet. Knock on wood.

3. Stripes? I eventually plan on redoing them. I pulled the thinner stripe off when I put on the front splitter - I had intended to peel off both at that time - but honestly got lazy and decided to leave the one for the moment.

4. Although technically this is 'our' car - I'm the primary driver and have been pretty much have been from the start. Lorna drives manual - her Jetta is a 5-spd as well - hell, she's the one who taught me to drive stick back in college, lol. It's just that she knows I enjoy driving so whenever we are going someplace together, no matter which car, 95% of the time I'm driving. That said, she like the oomph of the 2.0 liter in her Jetta better than the 1.6 in the Fiesta - but she hasn't really driven it since the new intake yet, lol.