Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Please help support Fiesta Faction by clicking this banner!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to reset TPMS

I bought a set of snow tires and rims from tirerack.com and bought the sensor reset tool. There where no instructions on how to use it. How do I reset the tpms? I have a SES with pushbutton start. I have tried the sequence I found online for Ford vehicles to get it into learn mode but it doesn't work on my Fiesta. The odd thing is I have no warning light on the dash and have had the tires on for 5 days.

Why don't you call The Tire Rack.
    I am sure they will help you.

Dave
    I’m a MOD junkie! I just can’t help myself, I need rehab.
    http://4dsonly.com/ST-Gallery.htm

I was able to get the instructions here they are if anyone else needs them. I haven't tried it yet but I assume it works. There are two sets of instructions one with a keyed ignition and one with push button. I have the latter which was my problem.

Your vehicle was equipped from the factory with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) that turns on every time you start the engine.

When new sensors are installed, they must be registered using a TPMS triggering tool.

1.) Make sure all tires are inflated to the vehicle’s recommended inflation pressures (found in the owner’s manual on the door placard).

2.) Turn the ignition switch to OFF then press and release the brake pedal.

3.) Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN (engine OFF) 3 times, ending in the RUN position. Do this within 10 seconds.

4.) Press and release the brake pedal.

5.) Turn the ignition switch back to OFF.

6.) Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN (engine OFF) 3 times, ending in the RUN position. Do this within 10 seconds.

7.) The horn should sound letting you know the vehicle has entered into TPMS relearn mode.

8.) Place the top of the TPMS triggering tool against the sidewall of the driver’s side front tire in the location of the valve stem.

9a.) If using a VT10, hold down the left button of the VT10 triggering tool for 10-15 seconds. The vehicle’s horn will sound letting you know the sensor has been learned.

9b.) If using a VT15, press the left button, wait until the horn sounds, then press the right button to turn the tool off.

9c.) If using a FORDTRIGGER, press the center button. The vehicle’s horn will sound letting you know the sensor has been learned.

10.) Once the horn sounds, move on to the passenger side front tire and repeat the process. Each tire should only take 30 seconds or less.

11.) After the passenger side front tire has been learned, continue on to the passenger side rear tire and finishing with the driver’s side rear tire.

12.) You may now turn the ignition to OFF. If the horn does not sound, the sensors were learned successfully. If the horn sounds twice, then the process must be repeated because there was a malfunction.

If your vehicle has push-button ignition:

1.) Make sure all tires are inflated to the vehicle’s recommended inflation pressures (found in the owner’s manual on the door placard).

2.) Make sure the ignition button is OFF then press and release the brake pedal

3.) Hold the ignition button down for 2 seconds, release it, and then tap the button once. The vehicle should be OFF. Hold the ignition button down for another two seconds, release it, and then tap the button once.

4.) Hold the ignition button down for two seconds again. The vehicle should be in RUN mode, engine off.

5.) Press and release the brake pedal.

6.) Tap the ignition button once so the vehicle is OFF.

7.) Hold the ignition button down for 2 seconds, release it, and then tap the button once. The vehicle should be OFF. Hold the ignition button down for another two seconds, release it, and then tap the button once.

8.) Hold the ignition button down for two seconds again. The vehicle should be in RUN mode, engine off.

9.) The horn should sound letting you know the vehicle has entered into TPMS relearn mode.

10.) Place the top of the TPMS triggering tool against the sidewall of the driver’s side front tire in the location of the valve stem.

11a.) If using a VT10, hold down the left button of the VT10 triggering tool for 10-15 seconds. The vehicle’s horn will sound letting you know the sensor has been learned.

11b.) If using a VT15, press the left button, wait until the horn sounds, then press the right button to turn the tool off.

11c.) If using a FORDTRIGGER, press the center button. The vehicle’s horn will sound letting you know the sensor has been learned.

12.) Once the horn sounds, move on to the passenger side front tire and repeat the process. Each tire should only take 30 seconds or less.

13.) After the passenger side front tire has been learned, continue on to the passenger side rear tire and finishing with the driver’s side rear tire.

14.) You may now turn the ignition to OFF. If the horn does not sound, the sensors were learned successfully. If the horn sounds twice, then the process must be repeated because there was a malfunction.

Each tire has its own pressure sensor. If the air pressure of a tire becomes severely low, the sensor in that tire immediately sends a signal that causes the tire pressure indicator in the instrument panel to come on.

If there is a problem with the TPMS, the tire pressure indicator icon will flash and then stay lit in the instrument cluster. If this happens, the system is off and is not monitoring the tire pressures.
    Fireball SES Hatch Candy Red.
    New Hampshire

Thanks for posting that up. Hopefully it'll help anyone else with the same problem.
    2011 Fiesta SE 5spd lightly modded - Sold
    2012 Jeep Patriot FDII stock - for now

Yup, that's it! MAC from Tire Rack has also posted this back a while ago. I did it when i put the snows on last Nov. and it took all of 45 seconds! hahahaha

Jeepers... what a procedure. It is like doing "The Hokey Pokey"

S/W corner Canada or N/W corner Washington

do you mind telling me how much is the sensor triggering tool and where I can get it

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by e350 coupe View Post
    do you mind telling me how much is the sensor triggering tool and where I can get it

thanks
    Check tirerack.com. That's where I got mine, wasn't expensive but I don't remember how much it was.
    Does your minkey bite?

You can check around, ebay and other parts stores Tirerack.com does sell them but they are more money than other places. I have seen the Ford tool for around $25.
    Fireball SES Hatch Candy Red.
    New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by e350 coupe View Post

thanks
    I got mine for $35 from Ford Parts | Buy Official Motorcraft & Genuine OEM Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com
    Part #: TPMS-19
    Manufacturer: Motorcraft
    Description: Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Transmitter
    eRic 2014 ST
    2011 SES
    2012 Great Lakes Solo Ser 1st STF
    2012, 2013 Detroit SCCA Solo Ser 1st STF