Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Please help support Fiesta Faction by clicking this banner!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Fiesta S versus SE

I thought this thread might be helpful if one wanted to know the difference between the Fiesta S (read "Stripped") and the SE trim. Ford's site only shows 3 differences between them, standard on the SE but not on the S:

- remote keyless entry
    - chrome grille
    - bright metallic painted accents (interior)

Not that I regret getting the S, but was a little disappointed to find out some undocumented things the SE has that the S does not (on top of no cd player, no power windows, and no-choice light stone interior):

- no mirror in sun visors
    - no engine hood sound insulator
    - no rear power outlet (available on SE w/Sync) (from iamz)
    - closed-circuit power door wiring (S without convenience package)
    - no trip computer (mileage calculation)
    - no cruise control option (available on SE w/sport appearance package) (from BondiBlue)
    - multi-function/radio display smaller, simpler font (from Powershift)

X - no grab handles, front or rear (UPDATE: from wmussatto, no Fiesta trims have grab handles! Oh the humanity...)

Anything else?
    Last edited by woodman411; 09-14-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    2011 Fiesta S Sedan Ingot Silver, powershift, 11/2010 build, San Diego CA USA

SE does not have a rear power outlet. I think that comes with the SYNC package.

S doesn't get cruise. Nor does the SE unless you at least get the Sport Appearance package (main reason for me getting it).
    2011 Fiesta SE 5spd lightly modded - Sold
    2012 Jeep Patriot FDII stock - for now

S has simpler radio/multifunction display, half as tall, simpler font.

Apparently SE models without SYNC get that too http://www.getauto.com/photos/552887/15 but the brochure doesn't mention that.
    2011 Ford Fiesta S Blue Flame w/PowerShift

Default So?

I still think the S offers the best value with no sacrifice in the basic goodness of the car. "Stripped" is inaccurate, as it suggests 'decontented', and although some might be horrified at not being able to look at themselves in their sun visor, the mechanical componentry is all the same. To me, the question really was 'Why spend more?'

Blue Flame, S sedan, 5 spd....Her name is Betty but we call her Lauren....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    I still think the S offers the best value with no sacrifice in the basic goodness of the car. "Stripped" is inaccurate, as it suggests 'decontented', and although some might be horrified at not being able to look at themselves in their sun visor, the mechanical componentry is all the same. To me, the question really was 'Why spend more?'
    The point of this thread is for someone to make an informed decision on whether it is worth it for them. Had I known about the closed-circuit wiring for the door locks, I would have spent extra on getting the convenience package. Maybe something else on this list is worth it for others to get another option/trim.
    2011 Fiesta S Sedan Ingot Silver, powershift, 11/2010 build, San Diego CA USA

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    'Why spend more?'
    I happen to enjoy power windows, cruise, silver interior accents, a CD player, alloy wheels, a spoiler, chrome grille, LED running lights, etc.
    2011 Fiesta SE 5spd lightly modded - Sold
    2012 Jeep Patriot FDII stock - for now

what is "closed circuit wiring" for doors?

and out of the list of things missing, I think the only real critical thing is lack of trip meter. That's kind of important and it's been in cars in one form or another digital or analogue. It helps keep track of fuel consumption and establish a good average for normal driving routine. If the car feels a bit different, with a trip meter you can notice whether or not fuel consumption has gone up, which might be an early warning even before codes get tripped.

All the other stuff are icing on the cake. I would have gotten S if I could get the hatchback.
    Last edited by archenok; 03-23-2011 at 01:28 AM. Reason: added stuff.
    2011 Tux Black SE Hatch w/ Sync & Sound, powershift, mood lights
    Flo - the "Coq(uihalla) Runner"

Quote Originally Posted by BondiBlue View Post
    I happen to enjoy power windows, cruise, silver interior accents, a CD player, alloy wheels, a spoiler, chrome grille, LED running lights, etc.
    You said it! If I'm going economy... I'm going in style and comfort.
    2011 Fiesta SES -Yellow Blaze-
    Codename: "Yellow Jacket"

I like the S sedan for value. The only thing missing for me is cruise. But, there has to be a way to add it. Nobody has figured it out yet because the S is probably not real popular.

I would also like to know about the closed circuit wiring.
    Last edited by 3Mach1; 03-23-2011 at 04:53 AM.