Fiesta Faction banner

$750 Ford Private Cash (No Gimmicks or Strings Attached, Not Really)

8K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  jehrler 
#1 ·
Tried to seal the deal on my Ford Fiesta today... got a $750 private cash coupon in the mail that specifically says "no gimmicks, no strings attached" yet when I told the dealer about it... He said it's either the private cash + 500.00 rebate OR$500 college grad. Meaning I can't use the private cash with what I could have gotten $500.00 (rebate) + $500.00 (college rebate).

Is the dealer correct?

:confused:

#4 ·
They are obviously counting the $500 back from Ford as part of it, rather than in addition to it. Dealers can and do whatever they want and however they want to categorize it or describe it. It has only ONE purpose - to get you there to get emotionally involved in buying a vehicle from them or stealing yours from you - or if you get real lucky, BOTH. :D

#6 ·
The $500 pulbic offer + one private offer is what they should be able to do. The $500 college is considered a private offer like the $750 is. So only one of those can be used at a time. But the $750 should go with the $500, so $1250should be the discount.

#8 ·
Telero is correct. On my private cash coupon the fine print noted that only 1 private offer can be used at a time.

Fortunately, in my case, we had an auto show rebate going when I ordered so I got that 500, plus the general Ford 500. I was a bit worried when we went to close that they would tell me the auto show discount was another private offer so I would have to choose but that wasn't the case so I got 1750 in rebates.

#10 ·
Regardless of whether what they're saying is true or not, if they want to make the sale they'll give you that cash off. They tried to tell me that I couldn't qualify for the $500 dealer rebate + $500 college student discount + special financing rate, but after some negotiating (and a few threats to just walk out and go to another dealership) they gave me all three and didn't charge for dealer-added accessories (VIN etching, 3M Clear-Bra film, keypad unlock, etc).

If you get them close to a sale and don't like the price you're hearing, just tell them you'll take your business elsewhere. Trust me- they'll do anything within reason to sell you a car ;)

#11 ·
CheoTrawford--The 500 rebate and 500 college discount come straight from Ford so no skin off the dealer's nose if you get those. Low rate financing is also not expensive these days as money, if you can get it, is cheap. Our credit union is offering 3.25 on 72 mo car loans of up to 100% and the dealer was offering to match (I prefered staying with the credit union tho). In your case it may well be that the financing was a push and didn't actually cost the dealer money but rather was foregone profits.

In ThomYorke's case, if the dealer was to allow the college cash with the private cash then that $500 is not a push and is *definitely* going to have to come out of their margins. Ford is not going to cover it. On a hot selling car with a relatively low margin they may or may not be willing to do that. I certainly wouldn't think it would be a slam dunk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.