Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Please help support Fiesta Faction by clicking this banner!

Default Fiesta sedan keeps flashing "paused" at odometer + key fob batteries

Hi All,

I just purchased a Fiesta SE sedan (my first car, woohoo!) and I have two questions:

1. My trip computer/odometer alternates between flashing the mileage on my car and the word "paused"...what does that mean and how can I get rid of "paused"?

2. The car is brand new but my integrated keyhead transmitter (IKT) remote access buttons do not work. I should've checked it out at the dealership but I guess we left in a hurry. I'm guessing it either didn't come with a battery or the battery inside is dead. I know the owner's manual explains how to replace the battery, but I've read that you need to do it really quickly or else you'll need to reprogram the key. Is this true?

Thanks!

I don't think so, but buy a battery and try it. If it don't work you need to bring to the dealer anyway!
    Former 2011 Blue Flame Metallic SE Fiesta
    Now a 2014 Focus SE Hatch

It sounds like it needs to be re-programmed as is. My wife's key stopped working and the re-programming fixed it right up.
    Founder of The Poop Sock TM Patent Pending and all that.

New car. Take it to the dealer and have them fix it.

FordService is offline Official Ford Representative

Quote Originally Posted by dc1091 View Post
    Hi All,

I just purchased a Fiesta SE sedan (my first car, woohoo!) and I have two questions:

1. My trip computer/odometer alternates between flashing the mileage on my car and the word "paused"...what does that mean and how can I get rid of "paused"?

2. The car is brand new but my integrated keyhead transmitter (IKT) remote access buttons do not work. I should've checked it out at the dealership but I guess we left in a hurry. I'm guessing it either didn't come with a battery or the battery inside is dead. I know the owner's manual explains how to replace the battery, but I've read that you need to do it really quickly or else you'll need to reprogram the key. Is this true?

Thanks!
    Hi dc1091,

Congrats on your first new car!! I recommend having the dealer take a look at your Fiesta. They will be able to determine why your trip computer displays "paused". With it being so new, you definitely want it working perfectly. They are in the best position to make sure it is! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

~Natasha

Quote Originally Posted by dc1091 View Post
    Another possibility is that the dealer simply forgot to program the remotes at all. That happened to me when I got my Fiesta. I recall that the buttons only worked when the car was running (I think.)

A quick run-through of the remote programming procedure (also in the manual) fixed that.
    2011 Lime Squeeze SE Hatch