Overdrive cancel/grade assist
• Overdrive is deactivated.
• The transmission operates in gears one through five.
• The grade assist lamp in the
instrument cluster is illuminated.
• Improves driving experience in hilly terrain or mountainous areas by
providing additional grade (engine) braking and extends lower gear
operation on uphill climbs.
• Provides additional engine braking through the automatic transmission
shift strategy which reacts to vehicle inputs (vehicle acceleration,
accelerator pedal, brake pedal and vehicle speed).
• Allows the transmission to select gears that will provide the desired
engine braking based on the vehicle inputs mentioned above. This will
increase engine RPM during engine braking.
Overdrive cancel with grade assist is designed to provide optimal gear
selection in hilly terrain or mountainous areas. It is recommended that
you return to D (Drive) on flat terrain to provide the best fuel economy
and transmission function.