How To Remove 2011 Ford Fiesta Rear Seat - Page 4
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I had a yakima roof rack on my Fiesta and it was great. I thought about having a couple mounts inside the car but I mountain bike and usually my bike is covered in crap; I don't want that on my interior. For road riders on the other hand I guess this could work just fine. The one thing about the Fiesta in comparison to the Fit is that the Fiesta's rear seats do NOT fold flat.

I wonder if some body could try to mock up a front wheel mount that could be made out of the rear seat's headrests? Hmm?
    2011 SES hatch- sold
    2003 Ford Focus ZTW WAR WAGON
    2005 Mustang GT- for sale

Quote Originally Posted by HokieBill View Post
    Correctomundo.

Removing the rear seat back also gives a flat load floor which makes my dog happy.
    I was going to comment on the fact that you had a dog, and a lightly colored one at that. My dog is white and leaves the same evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieBill View Post
    [image resized]
    Great how-to. Thanks for making it!

I'm hauling a big piece of furniture in my Fiesta today.
    I was planning to pull the whole rear seat out. But, when I removed only the seat bottom cushion, that freed up enough space! Removing the seat bottom cushion allows the seatbacks to fold a lot lower.

Here's my Fiesta, ready for pickup truck duty (front seat removed; rear seat bottom cushion removed):

Sorry for the overexposed photo.
    2014 Fiesta SE HB 200A 5MT Race Red
    2010 Mini Cooper S

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaFaction.com
    Advertisements

Can just one seat back be removed or do they both have to come out. I just want the seatback behind the driver removed.

Just one seat back could be removed. They just bolt in and hinge forward. The rear seat cushion is one piece.

One a side note removing the rear seat cushion is how the fuel pump assembly is accessed. Under the rear seat cushion is a plate covering a hole in chassis. Removing this plate exposes the top of the fuel tank and the wiring and fuel pump assembly. The fuel is lifted from the tank and removed through the vehicle. No more f$!#ing around under the vehicle and dropping the tank.
    One of better enerineering solutions over the years.
    2014 Fiesta Titanium Hatch, 5-speed, Performance Blue

So after 5+ years owning my fiesta (wow time flies) and almost 3 of them with the rear seats removed. I finally decided it was a good day to put in a floor liner. I ordered from ebay a rubber mat that I could cut to size: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AS7BRG

I first used a 4'x4' piece of paper to create a stencil to cut the rubber mat with. Unfortunately I placed the stencil upside down so it's not perfect. Right now i'm still deciding if i want to just flip the mat over, but then I would lose the rubber texture.

Here is the end result: http://imgur.com/a/Yp7mK

That looks pretty cool. It's rather surprising how much extra room is afforded by losing the seats altogether.