Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Please help support Fiesta Faction by clicking this banner!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Changing Key Fob Battery

Has anyone done this? Mine says it needs changed but the description in the manual is different from what I have. There is no little tab to move like in the picture. I'm having a pain of a time getting this open and already tearing at the plastic by trying to force it, so I don't want to damage it.

Tried finding a video but came up short as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Has anyone done this? Mine says it needs changed but the description in the manual is different from what I have. There is no little tab to move like in the picture. I'm having a pain of a time getting this open and already tearing at the plastic by trying to force it, so I don't want to damage it.

Tried finding a video but came up short as well.
    I would think that battery should last at least 6 to 8 years. You sure it's dead?

Which key fob do you have?

Just don't do like my friend's mother in law did and throw away the fob when the battery dies...to her credit that vehicles fob didn't have the key integrated into it...
    2011 Monterey Grey SEL

Quote Originally Posted by GapBoyPCS View Post
    Which key fob do you have?
    I have a keyless entry/start fob and I'm getting a low battery warning. Is the battery inside a cr2032?

Quote Originally Posted by robocelot View Post
    I have a keyless entry/start fob and I'm getting a low battery warning. Is the battery inside a cr2032?
    Yep, it's a CR2032. Also, the instructions in the manual are horrible. I didn't even take the back cover off or remove the key.

Manual:

Actual: (sorry about the crappy pictures)

2011 Monterey Grey SEL

If you have the IKH then it should be easy. I've done it several times.

Former 2011 Blue Flame Metallic SE Fiesta
    Now a 2014 Focus SE Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by iamz View Post
    I would think that battery should last at least 6 to 8 years. You sure it's dead?
    it doesn't last that long. more like a year. the multifunction display on my push button start Fiesta told me when the IA fob battery needed replacing so I took it to my Ford dealer to get the CR2032 battery replaced. they had to read the Fiesta Owners Guide since no one else had replaced the battery in one yet
    eRic 2014 ST
    2011 SES
    2012 Great Lakes Solo Ser 1st STF
    2012, 2013 Detroit SCCA Solo Ser 1st STF

Quote Originally Posted by eRic View Post
    it doesn't last that long. more like a year. the multifunction display on my push button start Fiesta told me when the IA fob battery needed replacing so I took it to my Ford dealer to get the CR2032 battery replaced. they had to read the Fiesta Owners Guide since no one else had replaced the battery in one yet
    I think since the keyless start design is always in communication with the car, I can see that it would eat up batteries. Makes me glad I didn't get the push button start.

I was still using the original Fob and battery on my last car when I sold it after 9 years.

that battery cost me $2. that's less expensive than getting a new key cut when it wears out in the ignition cylinder
    eRic 2014 ST
    2011 SES
    2012 Great Lakes Solo Ser 1st STF
    2012, 2013 Detroit SCCA Solo Ser 1st STF