Fiesta Faction banner

Changing Key Fob Battery

43K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  FiestaBlue 
#1 ·
Has anyone done this? Mine says it needs changed but the description in the manual is different from what I have. There is no little tab to move like in the picture. I'm having a pain of a time getting this open and already tearing at the plastic by trying to force it, so I don't want to damage it.

Tried finding a video but came up short as well.

#8 ·
it doesn't last that long. more like a year. the multifunction display on my push button start Fiesta told me when the IA fob battery needed replacing so I took it to my Ford dealer to get the CR2032 battery replaced. they had to read the Fiesta Owners Guide since no one else had replaced the battery in one yet :D

#12 ·
Yeah but, over 9 years, that'll add up to $16 bucks! That could buy a half a tank of gas or, a 12 pack of really good beer or, a case of really bad beer and a cheap cigar.:D

Your right,... it ain't gonna break the bank.

I agree. Maybe if I had it I might change my mind.:confused:

I do miss not having the keyless entry keypad on the door as my Grand Marque had.
I think you can get that as a dealer installed item even now Norm. Those are just stick on coded remotes. Probably not worth the cost though.

#15 ·
I was looking at getting a Ford OEM Keypad instead of a spare key to stash on the underside of the car. Stick the keypad to some heavy duty velcro and hide it up underneath the frame. IIRC I saw a couple on Ebay for about $65.

#17 ·
Took my Red Candy '11 hatch for an oil change. I told service manager I felt it might be about time top to change the remote fob batteries. He said ok as I handed him batteries and the fobs. Went to the restroom to prepare to read the newspaper in the waiting room. As I walked out of the restroom heading by the service area the service manager said "here's your fobs". Both were changed in less than 5 minutes. That was last October. I have great Ford dealer. Warrick Ford, Covington, Indiana.

#18 ·
Seems like it's that time of the year, lol. Just got the warning screen in my Fiesta this afternoon - a little more than 2 years of use on that battery.

Didn't look at any illustrations, just used a very small flat head screwdriver to work around the edges of the fob until I could pull the two halves apart. And sweet Jesus that looks like a big battery for the size of the key fob.

It's a Panasonic, sized CR2032, 3volt, in case it hasn't been posted before :cool:

#20 ·
I have to agree that the owner's manual, at least in the 2011 model, is no good at all when it comes to the keyless start FOB instructions. Rather, Telero's instructions are spot on, which I also had to learn the hard way after trying in vain to swap the batteries using the manual's instructions.

Thanks for sharing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.