How many miles do you have on your Fiesta? - Page 15
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

View Poll Results: How many miles on your Fiesta?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sedan or Hatch?

9 75.00%
  • Automatic or Standard?

3 25.00%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Haven't been on here in a while. 2011 SES Hatchback. About 110k miles.

Issues
    • Powershift transmission locked up and required tow to dealer, replaced control module, warranty around 80k miles, they extended the transmission warranty to the point i'll never have to pay for transmission service
    • O2 sensors need to be replaced (CEL codes randomly come on). I have the sensors, plan on changing them over the holidays

Wear & Tear items
    • Tires at about 90k miles (got Toyo Extensa HP - much quieter and better handling)
    • Brake pads and rotors at about 95k miles but the pads still had about 15% left but the rotors were causing some vibration under braking (I'm used to getting lots of miles on pads on all my cars)
    • Battery at about 100k miles
    • Oil changes whenever the car tells me to do it (about 10k miles) of synthetic oil and K&N filters
    • Spark plugs, etc.... per the book

Oops
    • Got hit by a jeep right hand rear bumper. Cost the Jeep driver's insurance company $3500

Review
    • Consistently gets between 38 and 42 mpg on heavy traffic highway commute
    • Still very fun to drive
    • Been a very good transportation appliance. I still recommend to others to consider it (but only with a manual transmission)
    • No regrets. I don't see any reason to replace it for the next few years unless it becomes unreliable. Only 2 temptations may cause me to replace it - the new Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio (expensive but wow!) or getting a Flex Fuel Focus so I can drive in the carpool lane with the electric cars and other "alternative fuel vehicles"
    Red Candy SES
    Lotus Elise & Elan
    Triumph Spitfire & TR6
    Opel GT
    Porsche 914
    69 Alfa
    68 Lancia

As of 2017:
    2011 SES: 105800
    2014 ST: 102500
    2016 SE: 6800
    Last edited by CarefreeAZ; 01-23-2017 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Update
    11SES White/Blue-Black
    14ST White/Black
    16SE White/Black Package
    79Ghia(Sold) White/Tan

2015 Performance Blue FiST: 78,000 miles. The only issue I've encountered is a flap inside the HVAC system that makes a clicking noise on occasion. Average MPG hovers right around 31 in LA traffic. The worst I've ever seen was 18 MPG, and that was after nearly 100 miles of full throttle in the canyons, reaching speeds up to 115 MPH. My sole complaint is that with such low profile tires, it can be a bit bumpy on rough roads. I'm considering putting on some 15" wheels for day to day commuting. Also, I'm still a bit too fat for the Recaros, so they can start to get a bit uncomfortable on multiple hour trips. That's on me, though. I'm a big boy who needs to exercise more.

All in all, I frickin' love this car, and I plan on getting a few hundred thousand miles out of it before I even consider replacing it.
    Performance Blue 2015 FiST "Bender"
    Former ride: Tuxedo Black 2014 SE hatch "Calculon'

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaFaction.com
    Advertisements

I have a Fiesta 2010 @ 58700. Still going strong. I have my extremely expensive service in 3000 miles. $500+-

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

2011 SE Hatch
    200,000 miles

Driven 100 miles a day on highways and country roads

Have always used Mobil 1 oil and NAPA 41348 filters

75,000 miles:
    New transmission (wasn't covered by warranty, before they extended the warranty)
    Replaced leaking rear shocks
    Switched to Autolite Iridium spark plugs
    Sway bar links

100,000 miles:
    Sway bar mounts
    New front struts (probably didn't need them)

125,000 miles:
    Timing belt and tensioner (purchased OTC tools at NAPA and did it myself)
    Water pump
    Serpentine belt
    Sway bar links, again
    Rear shocks, again, switched to KYBs this time
    Battery
    Cut out exhaust resonator, it was crushed on bad roads
    Oxygen sensors

150,000 miles:
    2nd set of Autolite spark plugs
    Plug wires
    Changed transmission fluid
    Rear brake shoes

Sway bar mounts, again, switched to polyurethane

At this point, my steering wheel is getting to be in pretty bad shape. It is missing a button and getting worn where I hold it. The driver's seat has been pulled apart and repaired with zip ties and duct tape once already, is ready to be gone through again.

Sync drives me nuts. It has issues about once a week where it gets locked up. Has been that way since new.

Getting ready to do the timing belt again. Will replace water pump and serpentine belt as well. Plan on replacing the oil pump this time, as I have developed some lifter noise.

Have been pretty happy with it so far. Planning on keeping it for a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepmech View Post
    2011 SE Hatch
    200,000 miles

Driven 100 miles a day on highways and country roads

Have always used Mobil 1 oil and NAPA 41348 filters

75,000 miles:
    New transmission (wasn't covered by warranty, before they extended the warranty)....
    What parts of your transmission were replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by iamz View Post
    What parts of your transmission were replaced?
    The whole transmission. If I remember correctly, it tried to go into two gears at once and exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepmech View Post
    The whole transmission. If I remember correctly, it tried to go into two gears at once and exploded.
    That's the first I've heard of that ever happening. Wow.

2011 SES Hatch 5-speed

Replaced tires once, will be buying a new set this spring. We have a set of Conti Extremes for winter (Cali wouldn't sell snow for the move to Indy).
    Replaced IAT but still has a fault, needs computer reset
    Clutch was replaced last summer, that was a fun drive home when it slipped
    Shocks are leaking, going to replace with FRPP within the next two weeks.
    Regular oil changes
    AC is not working consistently since last summer. Especially on hot days
    It occasionally stalls, thinking it may be throttle body, will get some cleaner and inspect
    I may need to get a second battery, it tested low on my last oil change. (had credits to cover a free one at the dealership)

Was my wife's, but my car threw a rod and created a massive hole on the freeway, so that got traded for a minivan. So now I daily the Fiesta
    '11 SES Lime Squeeze
    '7? MGB Red

I just traded in my 2011 Tuxedo Black SES Fiesta with 136,481 miles on it for a 2016 Shadow Black Titanium Fiesta which now has 25 miles on it, pretty much all from me!