Haven't been on here in a while. 2011 SES Hatchback. About 110k miles.
- Powershift transmission locked up and required tow to dealer, replaced control module, warranty around 80k miles, they extended the transmission warranty to the point i'll never have to pay for transmission service
- O2 sensors need to be replaced (CEL codes randomly come on). I have the sensors, plan on changing them over the holidays
Wear & Tear items
- Tires at about 90k miles (got Toyo Extensa HP - much quieter and better handling)
- Brake pads and rotors at about 95k miles but the pads still had about 15% left but the rotors were causing some vibration under braking (I'm used to getting lots of miles on pads on all my cars)
- Battery at about 100k miles
- Oil changes whenever the car tells me to do it (about 10k miles) of synthetic oil and K&N filters
- Spark plugs, etc.... per the book
- Got hit by a jeep right hand rear bumper. Cost the Jeep driver's insurance company $3500
- Consistently gets between 38 and 42 mpg on heavy traffic highway commute
- Still very fun to drive
- Been a very good transportation appliance. I still recommend to others to consider it (but only with a manual transmission)
- No regrets. I don't see any reason to replace it for the next few years unless it becomes unreliable. Only 2 temptations may cause me to replace it - the new Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio (expensive but wow!) or getting a Flex Fuel Focus so I can drive in the carpool lane with the electric cars and other "alternative fuel vehicles"
Red Candy SES