Fiesta Faction banner

Key Fob Low Battery Warning

40K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  wayne905 
#1 ·
I have the keyless start/entry on my Fiesta and yesterday the Low Battery Warning message came up on the main display. Not a big deal, I will use my spare set of keys. The spare set also has a low battery. Kind of suprised both key fobs have low batteries after 18 months. :(

Anyone else have the low battery warning message?

#4 ·
I have the keyless start/entry on my Fiesta and yesterday the Low Battery Warning message came up on the main display. Not a big deal, I will use my spare set of keys. The spare set also has a low battery. Kind of suprised both key fobs have low batteries after 18 months. :(
Hey BRGT350,

Bummer!

Well, here's some info (as if though you don't know this already :D) on the type of battery needed. The info is on page 140 of the Owner Guide.

Replacing the battery:
The remote entry transmitter uses one coin type three-volt lithium
battery CR2032 or equivalent.

To replace the battery:
Integrated Keyhead Transmitter (IKT)
1. Carefully insert a flat object (e.g. a screwdriver) into the recess on the back of the key and remove the key blade.
2. Release the retaining clips with a flat object and separate the two halves of the transmitter.
3. Carefully pry out the battery with a flat object. Be careful not to touch the battery contacts or the printed circuit board with the flat object.
Note: Please refer to local regulations when disposing of transmitter batteries.
4. Insert the new battery with the + facing upwards.
5. Snap the two halves of the transmitter back together.

Intelligent Access key (IA key)
1. Press and hold the push buttons on the edges of the transmitter to release the cover. Carefully remove the cover.
2. Remove the key blade.
3. Twist a flat object in the position shown to separate the two halves of the transmitter.
4. Carefully insert a flat object in the position show to open the transmitter.
5. Carefully pry out the battery with a flat object.
Note: Please refer to local regulations when disposing of transmitter batteries.
6. Install a new battery with the + facing downwards.
7. Assemble the two halves of the transmitter back together.
8. Install the key blade.

Hope you get this fixed soon. Lord knows a working Fiesta fob is important in order to stay alive: Zombie Survival Guide: Starting Your Car - YouTube! :D

Side note, my fave part; Phone rings, "Yo, I'm in the middle of something."

Talk to you soon!

Noemi

#7 ·
thanks Noemi,
I will try and get the battery replaced during my lunch hour. It is nice the swap doesn't require any reprogramming or a stop at the dealer. I was going to have the batteries replaced when I take the car back to get the Ford emblems installed.

32 months with a Fiesta? That would mean you took delivery of your Fiesta before I picked up my EU Fiesta Movement car in 2009.

#8 ·
thanks Noemi,
I will try and get the battery replaced during my lunch hour. It is nice the swap doesn't require any reprogramming or a stop at the dealer. I was going to have the batteries replaced when I take the car back to get the Ford emblems installed.
32 months with a Fiesta? That would mean you took delivery of your Fiesta before I picked up my EU Fiesta Movement car in 2009.
Good Morning BRGT350,

You're very welcome! :) Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

After 32 months, mine are still good and can lock the car from inside the house when the car is sitting in the driveway.
Hi MDGREEN11,

We is (yes, this is deliberate word usage) curious to know if you truly have had your Fiesta for 32 months? And if so, what strings ya pulled. :D

It's almost the weekend!

Noemi

#9 ·
I phoned my dealer to ask about batteries and how much it would cost for them to do the swap for me. I tried doing it myself and my fob doesn't match the picture and I don't want to wreck the fob). They tell me I need to bring the car in on a weekday (as they cannot do on weekend) as it may be a fault in the electircal system. I explained the message centre said battery was low on the fob and that it needed replacing. They insisted that I bring it in to get it checked out. No thanks...smells like a scam and they're trying to get more $ out of me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.