Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Please help support Fiesta Faction by clicking this banner!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rear Speaker Install

Hey guys, I was trying to search around the forums for this but didn't seem to have any luck...

2012 Fiesta Hatchback SE I've got the basic stereo w/o sync... it's the 4 speaker system. I'm going to be installing my aftermarket headunit so there's no issues with powering rear speakers in the back doors. Crutchfield has mounting stuff to install the speakers in the door, so that's not problem either.

Basically looking for some pointers as to running speaker wire to the rear doors, and any ideas on modifications to the door panel so the speakers can be heard.

Has anyone tried drilling small holes in this spot?

Hopefully someone's taken on this project or has some insight. Just hoping to get some info before I start tearing apart the car.

Thanks!

Wheni get around to it. I'm going to find a grill template and mark the plastic. Then it's drill time. Slow and take time making perfectly drilled alignment holes.

Anyways, as for the wiring. My Suzuki had the same plastic clips between the door and body. I just drilled out an open spot in the clip and ran wire thru it. Kept it all inside the rubber piece between the door and body so no issues of it getting damaged or anything.
    Bow chicka wow wow.

I got mine professionally installed. They said it was a pain in the ass. They said, and I quote, "ford went through a lot of trouble to make it a pain in the ass to add speakers".

I'm not sure exactly what they did to wire it, but they said it was a lot more trouble than they've ever run into in their 20 years of doing car audio.

and as you can see, I went the external mount route. I didn't feel like paying for them to modify the door panel or finding custom speaker grills. I'm happy with the sound sounds so much better than before.
    Last edited by Erad; 03-06-2012 at 01:25 AM.
    '11 Oxford White Sedan | Magnaflow Cat-Back, R2C Performance CAI, Sparco Drift Wheels

Hmm, I suppose the speaker on the outside like that isn't TOO bad, but would prefer a more stock look... thanks for the info though Erad. It's good to see what others have done to get some ideas.

I'll probably try to find some sort of grill template as justafiesta mentioned. I'm just a little concerned with taking a drill to it and then having the holes all off center and looking strange. If you happen to find a template or something that'd be awesome if you posted it up.

I guess the wiring can't be too difficult, just gotta take my time and find the right spots to run it through the rubber piece.
    2012 Blue Candy Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback

Started working my rear speaker install. They won't be here till the 12th, slow truck from washington to Indiana I guess.

Anyways the rear panels already have the grill pattern stamped into them. Just got to make the actual holes. I'll post pics later.
    Bow chicka wow wow.

Quote Originally Posted by justafiesta View Post
    Started working my rear speaker install. They won't be here till the 12th, slow truck from washington to Indiana I guess.

Anyways the rear panels already have the grill pattern stamped into them. Just got to make the actual holes. I'll post pics later.
    Sweet man thanks for the update. Looking forward to how your project goes.

So when you say the grill pattern is already stamped into them, do you mean you already did it or there's something on the back side when you take the panel off, that's already there?

I have yet to even start on my project so I hope yours goes well

okay So heres some pics... I have to say that after two doors, my wrist hurt like a mo-fo...

okay so this is the speaker hole inside the sound deadening...

Shot at 2012-04-06
    Hole already there, including the screw mounting points.. Saweet!

Shot at 2012-04-06

Shot at 2012-04-06

okay this is the inside of the area where the speaker will go... Notice the shiny dots... this is the pattern I followed with a drill...

Shot at 2012-04-06

and the progress

Shot at 2012-04-06

Shot at 2012-04-06

Shot at 2012-04-06

I used a 400 grit sand paper to smooth the holes after I drilled them so there was no scratching possibility for people getting in the back seat.

My S model had plenty of open spaces to drill out the harness connectors... run the wire and reinstall, then hook up the speakers (mine are in route)...
    Bow chicka wow wow.

AWESOME! You did a great job for those back speakers. I thank you a ton for taking on the project and getting pictures of this. I have a feeling the info you've posted will greatly help others.

Now I know what kind of project I'm looking at.

BTW, what size drill bit did you end up going with to make the holes?

5/64. I started with the next up but that was to big so I have like 10 holes slightly bigger than the others. Not really noticeable IMO.
    Bow chicka wow wow.

Quote Originally Posted by justafiesta View Post
    okay So heres some pics... I have to say that after two doors, my wrist hurt like a mo-fo...

okay so this is the speaker hole inside the sound deadening...

Shot at 2012-04-06
    Hole already there, including the screw mounting points.. Saweet!

Shot at 2012-04-06

Shot at 2012-04-06

okay this is the inside of the area where the speaker will go... Notice the shiny dots... this is the pattern I followed with a drill...

Shot at 2012-04-06

and the progress

Shot at 2012-04-06

Shot at 2012-04-06

Shot at 2012-04-06

I used a 400 grit sand paper to smooth the holes after I drilled them so there was no scratching possibility for people getting in the back seat.

My S model had plenty of open spaces to drill out the harness connectors... run the wire and reinstall, then hook up the speakers (mine are in route)...

now THATS how its done boys n girls !!!

My hats off to you for an amazing Install! !!!!!
    Tuxedo 203A
    ---

as usual, asp is dead on with figures and math, you put Ross Perot to shame