Fiesta Faction banner

Revealing new spy photos!

5K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  dirtyblueshirt 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
I like it!

And here's why: This means the US and EU front ends will likely be interchangeable, making it easier to adapt options we may not have, such as projector beam headlamps.

FYI: The article title says 2013... but they refer to the 2014 model, so keep that in mind!

#16 ·
I'm not sure they'll be perfectly interchangeable; looking at the Fiesta ST (concepts and spy shots), the US version looks like it has a slightly longer nose, though the styling is virtually the same. I'm guessing the same will apply here - only the most trained eye will be able to tell them apart.

#4 ·
Other Curiosities:

The silver sedan is an SE, yet it has the european-style wing mirrors (note lack of "fins" and rounder shape) with side markers.

The headlights are also euro-spec (note lack of orange reflectors)

Technicolor door handles as optional equipment :p

#5 ·
I don't like the look. I'm not sure my next car will be a Fiesta, but I'd never claim that anyway. I don't like the way it looks, and for me that is important for my car. I can't be proud of my car if I think she's hideous.

I suspect the grills on the sedan will be on the hatchback instead of the fog lamp circles since the sedan is made for the US and therefore newer design.

#8 ·
You said (translated):

'The grilles that appear on the sedan will be on the hatchback instead of fog lights because the sedan is made for the US and is newer'

You probably meant: "the sedan won't get fog lights"?

And remember, the sedan isn't just in the Americas. It's in Asia Pac as well.

I think the US will get fogs, and you're just seeing a lower trim option.

#13 ·
Personally I love it, cause I feel no need to trade in or have refreshed model envy. :)

That said, funny how on the Fusion it's gorgeous and you get the instant Aston Martin coolness. That corporate face applied to the Focus and Fiesta? Catfish and baby catfish. I make an exception for the STs because racecar.

#14 ·
I'll take the opposing viewpoint and say that I really like it. Much bolder and more memorable than the current one but still meshing with the overall shape. There's a lot of holes in the plastic which leads me to believe there's some chrome that goes on this grille that we're not seeing.

#19 ·
I like it. I find it more aggressive and I like it.

To Audrey: pic 8 shows a hatch ,sporting a plastic cover taped onto the car to hide the front end. They only reveal a circle as a teaser. It seems to me that it will have fogs similar to the fusion.
ie.

Could easily be done this way with these bezels.

P.S. You don't like the sedans anyways. Your vote doesn't count! :p

#20 ·
I may have to agree with audrey on this one, but definitely to soon to tell.
I have been pretty happy with ford styling in late years. Their cars overall have a pretty good edge, but I am concerned that this may be a little over for me.
That being said, it's very dificult to judge somthing that is not complete. Different colors and the camo paint can really distort the look of it.

Any photo choppers here up to the task of putting the front bumper on a noncamo, same color car?:cool:

#22 ·
I don't think there is much they can do to improve the styling of the sedan other than a completely new design. As far as that grille? I much prefer the one on my current hatch. Although similar in some respects I do like the grille for the ST. The one for the 2014 just has too many ribs and too busy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.