Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Tire Rack Winter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How long to pair a phone?

I finally decided to pair my Nokia 53xx to my Samantha via bluetooth.
    I finally got it installed, made a call to the house, 10' away.
    Proud of myself, I turned the car off and went inside, later we went somewhere and I tried to reach, contact or whatever my phone and sync lady said no bluetooth device installed, searching, I must be STUPID or SYNC is, I've been playing with computers since Ohio Scientific, but I'm too dumb to use the phone with sync.
    How long should it take to recognize the phone each time I use the car?
    Looks like it would be quicker and less annoying just to pull over and phone.

It should connect immediately. Something is wrong and I think it's the phone.
    Tuxedo Black SES hatch, 5 speed, intelligent access

SYNC should recognize that phone immediately. My old 6085 can be paired no problem, and it was made at the time of the 5800.

It's been a while since I've paired a Nokia. See if you can go into your Settings and see if it is set to "Auto connect". You can always try deleting your pairing, and redo it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimini View Post
    I finally decided to pair my Nokia 53xx to my Samantha via bluetooth.
    I finally got it installed, made a call to the house, 10' away.
    Proud of myself, I turned the car off and went inside, later we went somewhere and I tried to reach, contact or whatever my phone and sync lady said no bluetooth device installed, searching, I must be STUPID or SYNC is, I've been playing with computers since Ohio Scientific, but I'm too dumb to use the phone with sync.
    How long should it take to recognize the phone each time I use the car?
    Looks like it would be quicker and less annoying just to pull over and phone.
    Typical Ford marketing. There's a reason its called Sync (Oh so close to Sick).
    2011 Blue Flame Metallic SE Fiesta Pwr Shift 6 Spd Auto Charcoal Black w/ blue cloth and armrest.

Quote Originally Posted by GapBoyPCS View Post
    SYNC should recognize that phone immediately. My old 6085 can be paired no problem, and it was made at the time of the 5800.

It's been a while since I've paired a Nokia. See if you can go into your Settings and see if it is set to "Auto connect". You can always try deleting your pairing, and redo it.
    Phone settings or sync settings?
    I also have an Iphone wanna be,with bluetooth, anyone get one of these to work?
    Last edited by jimini; 07-01-2012 at 11:12 AM.

on a bluetooth phone, make sure bluetooth is on at all times. some phones have settings that default to off unless you specifically use it for something.

my phone is a Pantech P2020 (Ease) and is paired with Cherri. No issues at all but I did have to insure bluetooth was activated and stayed on. Every so often it does search (the phone) and report no connection but I force another search.
    Larry (ol' coot #2)
    Punch:
    Storm. Grey, hwy 41.46
    Judy:
    Ruby Red, hy MPG TBD
    -- both '14 SE sdn, PS

the bluetooth on the sync is one of the worst. it has never worked right for me, through two phones now. when i get in the car to actually connect i have to go into the bluetooth settings and manually force the connection to the car. and don't bother calling ford about it, they'll ALWAYS blame it on your phone and not the system, which is complete bs. i had this same issue with my old phone in my fiesta (given that phone did have some issues, but i had that phone replaced four times, and not a single one ever worked right with sync), but never had a problem with it auto connecting to our acura. and now with this phone, i still cannot connect automatically, yet it works perfectly fine in our VW. the problem is SYNC, not your phone. and it's not like sync is ever updated so don't expect it fixed anytime, well, ever.

i find it ironic that the only phone that seems to really have no major issues is an apple product on a microsoft system.
    2013 MCC

28 miles from downtown Chicago, pick your direction...and don't choose East!

I have no issue with my phone (HTC Sensation) and pairing. Takes no more than 10 seconds to be ready to go.
    '14 Ruby Red SE 201A PS 14Feb14
    '12 Red Candy SE 203A PS 23Nov11 14Feb14 | 38098 miles

Pairing in my car has taken about 5 minutes or so for my older HTC and Now my Galaxy Note. Once paired it is usually around 45 secs to 1 minute before
    SYNC connects. Installed an aftermarket Sony stereo for my mom,s truck
    and the BT it has connects within 10 secs once paired.

SYNC works good in my Fiesta, just a little slow to connect.

Quote Originally Posted by jimini View Post
    Phone settings or sync settings?
    I also have an Iphone wanna be,with bluetooth, anyone get one of these to work?
    Phone setting. You may need to play with the phone's visibility in the Bluetooth menu.

As for the wanna be, it really depends on the device. Try it and see. The syncmyride website isn't always up to date on devices.

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick
    i find it ironic that the only phone that seems to really have no major issues is an apple product on a microsoft system.
    Actually, I've got a Nokia 6085, Apple iPhone 4S, and three BlackBerry devices (8310, 9700, and 9900) all paired with SYNC.