Fiesta Faction banner

How long to pair a phone?

5K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  FordIVTteam 
#1 ·
I finally decided to pair my Nokia 53xx to my Samantha via bluetooth.
I finally got it installed, made a call to the house, 10' away.
Proud of myself, I turned the car off and went inside, later we went somewhere and I tried to reach, contact or whatever my phone and sync lady said no bluetooth device installed, searching, I must be STUPID or SYNC is, I've been playing with computers since Ohio Scientific, but I'm too dumb to use the phone with sync.
How long should it take to recognize the phone each time I use the car?
Looks like it would be quicker and less annoying just to pull over and phone.:confused:

#3 ·
SYNC should recognize that phone immediately. My old 6085 can be paired no problem, and it was made at the time of the 5800.

It's been a while since I've paired a Nokia. See if you can go into your Settings and see if it is set to "Auto connect". You can always try deleting your pairing, and redo it.

#6 ·
on a bluetooth phone, make sure bluetooth is on at all times. some phones have settings that default to off unless you specifically use it for something.

my phone is a Pantech P2020 (Ease) and is paired with Cherri. No issues at all but I did have to insure bluetooth was activated and stayed on. Every so often it does search (the phone) and report no connection but I force another search.

#7 ·
the bluetooth on the sync is one of the worst. it has never worked right for me, through two phones now. when i get in the car to actually connect i have to go into the bluetooth settings and manually force the connection to the car. and don't bother calling ford about it, they'll ALWAYS blame it on your phone and not the system, which is complete bs. i had this same issue with my old phone in my fiesta (given that phone did have some issues, but i had that phone replaced four times, and not a single one ever worked right with sync), but never had a problem with it auto connecting to our acura. and now with this phone, i still cannot connect automatically, yet it works perfectly fine in our VW. the problem is SYNC, not your phone. and it's not like sync is ever updated so don't expect it fixed anytime, well, ever.

i find it ironic that the only phone that seems to really have no major issues is an apple product on a microsoft system.

#11 ·
Mine is very much the same, sometimes it connects and most of the time it says no Bluetooth Device found yet I see the phone light up, I have had considerable trouble with sync, at least usb music is finally behaving.
My phone is a Nokia 5130C, it's in the list of compatible phones.
I'll give it some time to behave, not much else I can do.
Thanks for the help.

#9 ·
Pairing in my car has taken about 5 minutes or so for my older HTC and Now my Galaxy Note. Once paired it is usually around 45 secs to 1 minute before
SYNC connects. Installed an aftermarket Sony stereo for my mom,s truck
and the BT it has connects within 10 secs once paired.

SYNC works good in my Fiesta, just a little slow to connect.

#13 · (Edited)
I have a hunch I found the problem (me)
I finally looked at the phone and it lit up, asking if I wanted to connect.
When I ok'd the query it hooked up. Turn's out there's a setting on the phone to save the setting.
I'll let you know if that works. So I'll let you know if it was my stupidity or not.:D

Went to the car, started it up, told sync lady to call home, instant connection. I WAS the stupid one, NOT Sync.:eek::eek::eek:

#14 ·
I have a hunch I found the problem (me)
I finally looked at the phone and it lit up, asking if I wanted to connect.
When I ok'd the query it hooked up. Turn's out there's a setting on the phone to save the setting.
I'll let you know if that works. So I'll let you know if it was my stupidity or not.:D
That was the issue. No stupidity involved :cool:

#15 ·
Hey everyone!

Certain phones are known to hold the best connection when they're Reverse Paired. Instead of the usual process where your phone finds SYNC; SYNC will find your phone.

Reverse Pair:

Enable your phone’s Bluetooth® feature and make your phone discoverable (iPhone is always discoverable).

Press the Phone button to access the Phone Menu. Press OK.

SYNC prompts, "Press OK to begin pairing device." Press OK.

SYNC prompts, "Search for SYNC on your device and enter the PIN provided by SYNC." Press OK.

When SYNC displays the six-digit PIN, press the Seek arrow until Special PIN displays. Press OK.

The number 0000 displays.

When your phone displays a similar prompt to enter a PIN, type the same numbers, 0000, and press OK or enter.

If your phone asks if you always want to accept this request, choose Yes.

Upon successful pairing, a message displays confirming the phone is connected. Your phone is now paired. You can make this your primary phone and download your phonebook.

These steps can also be found here:

SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | How to Reverse Pair your SYNC & Phone | Ford.com

For info on which specific features your phone supports, check out our compatibility chart:

Vehicle - Choose Your Country

Feel free to PM me with any questions. :)

Jaclyn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.