Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Please help support Fiesta Faction by clicking this banner!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Focus ST vs. Fiesta ST

The Oct. issue of MotorTrend had an article on the Focus ST. At first, I fell in love with the Focus ST, but then got to thinking... which features would crossover??

Here's a few features of the Focus ST that I hope transpire into the FiST (if we ever see it here):
    -Overboost. I want. Gives the car it's 270 ft-lbs of torque for up to 15 seconds at a time.
    -Gauge Cluster. Three gauges above the infotainment stack that includes water temperature, boost pressure, and oil pressure.
    -Wide Tires. The Focus ST has 235/40R18's. I realize that might not be the most realistic, but perhaps some 215's or 225's on 17"??

This thread is really for two purposes.
    1). Compare the features.
    2). Hope for certain features.

Input is encouraged.
    '11 Tuxedo Black SEL

so i just looked up what this overboost thing is. it basically looks like a rpm specific boost controlled done through the computer. this is a common in cars using custom tunes. what this does tell me, and is much more interesting than the actual silly button, is that the motor and fuel system can handle more boost than what ford gives from the factory. i cannot find what turbo exactly is being used on the car, but i did find one article that claims it has a max boost of 18psi, but it didn't specify if it's the motor or the fuel system that maxes out at 18psi. if the turbo is at max efficiency at 18psi, this also says that it's a tiny little hairdryer. now that's to be expected, as smaller turbos have better throttle response due to a quicker spool time, especially if it's lean spooled (which i doubt that ford will do).

so even in the stock configuration, some minor tweaking like a safc, boost controller, probably an exhaust, and potentially fuel upgrades and that thing should push a lot more power than what it comes with.

but back to your three points that you would like to see, one and two are probably feasible. three....no way. the fiesta st is only coming stock with 177hp. anything over a 205 is going to end up slowing the car down in all likelihood.
    2013 MCC

The Fiesta ST, if offered here, will odds on come with a 1.6L EcoBoost. It would be in the 180HP range.

Also, don't be surprised to see Ford make bigger moves to even smaller displacement engines.

An ST sedan would be awesome.

I hope Ford doesn't neglect the fans of the sedan.
    2011 Fiesta S Sedan Oxford White

button to turn off TC and ESC, like the Focus ST would be fantastic!

As for wide rubber, I doubt they will go any wider than 205mm wide tires the EU Fiesta uses. I run 215's without issue, but I don't see the factory opting for those since there are probably cases where the 215/40 17 with a certain offset would impact the inner fenders.

Overboost would not be a big deal, but if the Fiesta ST had it, I would be using it all the time. I would assume the ST will be untunable, just like the regular Fiesta, so the overboost option would take the place that a tune could do.
    Performance Blue 2015 Fiesta ST
    Performance White 1984 Mustang

@BRGT350 Twitter and Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Launcelot View Post
    An ST sedan would be awesome.

I hope Ford doesn't neglect the fans of the sedan.
    They've already said no sedan I believe

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 MCC

Quote Originally Posted by BRGT350 View Post
    button to turn off TC and ESC, like the Focus ST would be fantastic!

As for wide rubber, I doubt they will go any wider than 205mm wide tires the EU Fiesta uses. I run 215's without issue, but I don't see the factory opting for those since there are probably cases where the 215/40 17 with a certain offset would impact the inner fenders.

Overboost would not be a big deal, but if the Fiesta ST had it, I would be using it all the time. I would assume the ST will be untunable, just like the regular Fiesta, so the overboost option would take the place that a tune could do.
    We'll see about tuning, COBB is working on the Focus ST, SCT is too likely. Hopefully Ford is using the same encryption on the ECUs, even if they are using different components between the Fiesta and Focus.
    Does your minkey bite?

Ford always builds in a nice safety margin on their FI applications so I'm quite sure there's a lot left in the Ecoboost engines before you need to worry about internals.
    AUTONATION FORD, WHITE BEAR LAKE

Offering employee pricing on OEM and Ford Racing parts to all forum members.

Now accepting online orders here http://parts.autonationfordwhitebear...?siteid=214771

You can also find us here http://fiestast.net/

Thanks for the replies.
    '11 Tuxedo Black SEL

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    They've already said no sedan I believe

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    My feelings are hurt.
    2011 Fiesta S Sedan Oxford White