EcoBoost Fog Light Install
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Cool EcoBoost Fog Light Install

I recently purchased this 2014 Ford Fiesta fog light kit on Ebay for $101.95 free shipping cause it was a very good deal and figured I would be a Guinna Pig for the forum and try them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-15-FORD-F...71ad16&vxp=mtr

Since the Ecoboost isn't available with Fogs but is prewired for them with wire, connectors, Relays and fuses. I thought I would just need to use the bezels and lights that came with the kit and just get a OEM headlight switch and maybe I might have to have the dealer enable them for me once hooked up but it wasn't that easy. The install was quick and they didn't come on so I took it to the Ford dealer and they took the car in and said they would only charge me a 1/2 hour labor..sounded fair..Two hours later they said they haven't had any luck enabling them and they were waiting to hear back from Ford service support. They got info back from Ford support that the whole module would have to be wiped out and installed again to include fogs and wasn't really an option at that point. They ended up charging me for 1 hour of labor..Lesson learned. I asked the service Mgr. if installing my own harness and switch would void my warranty and he said no if not done sloppy. So I moved on to using the wiring harness and switch that came with the Fog kit. My friend/neighbor hooked up the Fogs and came up with a clean way of installing the wires and switch..Kudos to my Friend Joe!! I think it turned out very good. The only thing about this kit that is not so great is the switch..Feels cheap but works and I already ordered a nice new switch for $5 on ebay.

BEFORE:

It's best to take the front wheels and of course wheel wells off to put the fog lights in. We had to use some cage clips with different screws from the hardware store but that worked out great and are tight and secure.

The bezel/inserts look and fit really well

Wiring continued on next post..
    Last edited by TK426; 08-12-2014 at 03:14 AM.
    White 2014 SE Fiesta Sedan 1.0 EcoBoost "Sormtrooper"

Default Part 2: Ecoboost Fog Light Install

The wiring kit that came with the kit was good quality except for the switch mentioned in the first post.

We plugged the light connectors into the lights and hid the wires that ran in between the Fogs into the space between the black skid plate and the lower grill..Tight fit but it worked and is hidden.

Hooked up the power and ground wires to the battery and there was a small space on the side of the battery that the relay and fuse fit nice and snug into.

Ran the other positive, ground wire and connector to the switch tucked in alongside the battery and trough the firewall where the conduit of electrical wires go into the dash behind the steering wheel. The pic for that didn't come out at all..sorry. But there is a rubber boot around all the electrical wires going though the firewall into the cabin that comes out enough to fit the wires through and close it up tight again.

The switch was mounted on the right side below the steering wheel with some 3M tape and grounded to a screw behind the steering wheel and then hooked up the positive wire to the wiper fuse behind the glovebox (wiper blades only come on when when key is in ignition). The good thing about the separate switch is that the fogs come on without the parking lights.

Put the key in, push the switch and.......

Hope this little thread helps some folks out that want to put fog lights in their The Ecoboosts'
    I am really happy how they turned out and again Thanks to my friend Joe for doing the install. Since he has been helping me with this mod he has decided he really likes the fiesta and is picking up a brand new 2015 White ST tomorrow. I'm sure he will join the forum and post some pics of his new 2015 ST.
    Last edited by TK426; 08-12-2014 at 03:29 AM. Reason: spelling error

I mentioned that I wasn't to keen on the switch cause it seems like the cheapest component out of the whole kit. I ordered one of these 16mm blue led switches off ebay for $5 and I think it will be a good choice and look nice with the console lights. I will install it up a little higher next to the right side of the steering wheel same height as the headlight switch on the opposite side. Should look nice and clean

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaFaction.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for the detailed write-up! Which module were you talking about? The BCM? (body control module). Hopefully someone will write a program like focccus for the fiesta. That way we can change things like this ourselves.
    2014 Ingot Silver Fiesta sFe ​1.0L
    Just remember, you are > your fuel mileage!

Thanks for all the info and pic's ! It all looks great !

Quote Originally Posted by whirledpeaz View Post
    Thank you for the detailed write-up! Which module were you talking about? The BCM? (body control module). Hopefully someone will write a program like focccus for the fiesta. That way we can change things like this ourselves.
    Thank you, I'm not sure which module Ford was talking about..I'm sure someone will figure out a way someday to get around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Thanks for all the info and pic's ! It all looks great !
    Thanks! I am happy with the way it turned out in the end.

Probably the BCM, it's a shame they didn't make this a simple feature toggle that the dealers could turn on. It's even more a shame that they didn't just enable the feature in all cars so it could be a dealer added feature with no messing around!!! My Spark needed a complex code to authentic the fogs, and the dealer had to program it, but at least I could have them installed in the base model car. Glad I stuck to my values and bought my Fiesta with the fogs installed to avoid all this.

Waaayy out in the country, leave your GPS at home, I ain't on there!!

Awesome write up and pics, very nice , clean install...well played.
    13 VG S "PLAIN JANE"
    03 Mach 1 524 RWHP/535Tq
    02 F-150
    You can run, but you'll only die tired

I remember doing this like it was last week lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1 View Post
    Awesome write up and pics, very nice , clean install...well played.
    Amen! Very nice!
    Ignorance is curable...but stupidity is terminal.