EcoBoost Fog Light Install - Page 3
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by anarchyx34 View Post
    If only it were that easy. Your body control module needs to be programmed so that it knows that the car is equipped with fog-lights, but apparently it cannot be done. The dealer's IDS system apparently won't allow it (or maybe the rumor started due to one lazy dealer who didn't want to be bothered).
    whilst my time with the IDS goes back some 9 years (has it been 9 years now!?) I do remember it being unlikely you could make such changes.. i think it knows from VIN that this car should not have foglights, and won't allow you to make such changes..... I think

I wonder if Forscan can do it.
    '16 Fiesta SE Ecoboost Sedan- Blue Candy

The BCM needs reflashed. It's not something that can be toggled.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaFaction.com
    Advertisements

has anyone installed fog lights like this?

didnt really get how he installed them, just showed part of he installed the relay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5aT_zXvv2w

If I ever get around to doing fog lights I was going to do it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

instead of hooking a wire with a inline fuse to the inside fuse panel,

he hooked a wire to a relay underneath the fuse box where the body control module is at that would control the fog lights OE.

so he didnt have to buy a relay, but protected the relay with a inline fuse,

the only thing he didnt show is where he hooked a switch up at, and if it worked,

or if he even had to hook a switch up, I wonder if they fog lights came on with the key on having it hooked up that way.

he used the stock wiring, but didnt show anything else, besides running a wire through the firewall.
    Last edited by F0RD; 01-08-2017 at 12:10 PM.

He probably used the stock switch and bypassed the body control module.

I see that the switch has a symbol below the headlights,

that would be for a fiesta/st/ that came with stock fog lights right?

so you think if you bypass the fog light relay in the fuse box, that when you turn the factory switch it would cut on a set of aftermarket fog lights?

by just using the factory switch and factory wiring....

what I dont understand is why in the video is he running a wire from the relay into the vehicle. if he grounded the relay out.

he grounded the relay in the fuse box, so is the other wire for the power? and did he splice it into the factory switch? do you think.

In the video. He says he has figured out that the fog light switch is connected to the body control module. then the body control module grounds out the relay. The relay then sends power to the fog light. So he is bypassing the body control module and going straight to the relay. He said the factory switch uses a ground to tell the body control module to ground the relay. His setup uses the switch to ground out the relay instead. It's not a great video and he doesn't show much about the switch so people have to figure it out for themselves. But if he is right, it's a much cleaner way than installing ugly aftermarket switches and miles of wire......

Quote Originally Posted by wrench View Post
    In the video. He says he has figured out that the fog light switch is connected to the body control module. then the body control module grounds out the relay. The relay then sends power to the fog light. So he is bypassing the body control module and going straight to the relay. He said the factory switch uses a ground to tell the body control module to ground the relay. His setup uses the switch to ground out the relay instead. It's not a great video and he doesn't show much about the switch so people have to figure it out for themselves. But if he is right, it's a much cleaner way than installing ugly aftermarket switches and miles of wire......

the only thing about that, is that on other fords in this same/similar model, the ones with factory headlights, it seems you pull the switch outwards, and then there is a light below the headlights, you can turn to, to turn on the fog lights,

on the fiesta I have the knob doesnt pull out, and the only option after the headlights, is the park lights,

I dont think it would work the way you would think it would. or am I wrong?