EcoBoost Fog Light Install - Page 4
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

You need to buy a factory switch with the fog light setting. Yours won't work for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wrench View Post
    In the video. He says he has figured out that the fog light switch is connected to the body control module. then the body control module grounds out the relay. The relay then sends power to the fog light. So he is bypassing the body control module and going straight to the relay. He said the factory switch uses a ground to tell the body control module to ground the relay. His setup uses the switch to ground out the relay instead. It's not a great video and he doesn't show much about the switch so people have to figure it out for themselves. But if he is right, it's a much cleaner way than installing ugly aftermarket switches and miles of wire......

So you don't really need anything more than a jumper wire from what it sounds like. Doesn't really get any easier than that.
    '16 Fiesta SE Ecoboost Sedan- Candy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by anarchyx34 View Post
    So you don't really need anything more than a jumper wire from what it sounds like. Doesn't really get any easier than that.
    The factory switch with fog light function and a jumper wire that goes from the switch to the relay. And possibly the relay itself. And also the factory fog lights with the bracket/plate/holder/thing