EcoBoost Fog Light Install - Page 4
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

You need to buy a factory switch with the fog light setting. Yours won't work for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wrench View Post
    In the video. He says he has figured out that the fog light switch is connected to the body control module. then the body control module grounds out the relay. The relay then sends power to the fog light. So he is bypassing the body control module and going straight to the relay. He said the factory switch uses a ground to tell the body control module to ground the relay. His setup uses the switch to ground out the relay instead. It's not a great video and he doesn't show much about the switch so people have to figure it out for themselves. But if he is right, it's a much cleaner way than installing ugly aftermarket switches and miles of wire......

So you don't really need anything more than a jumper wire from what it sounds like. Doesn't really get any easier than that.
    '16 Fiesta SE Ecoboost Sedan- Blue Candy

Quote Originally Posted by anarchyx34 View Post
    So you don't really need anything more than a jumper wire from what it sounds like. Doesn't really get any easier than that.
    The factory switch with fog light function and a jumper wire that goes from the switch to the relay. And possibly the relay itself. And also the factory fog lights with the bracket/plate/holder/thing

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaFaction.com
    Advertisements

The BCM is located behind the glovebox, about mid-level to the footwell. Forget about a flash...it will not work. There are several colored plugs that terminate there. I think for 2014 cars, it's a blue plug. I simply cut and soldered the two wires and bypassed the BCM. Note that the wiring diagrams call it something a bit different, so I tested it before cutting. Works a treat and is a super-clean fix, but the fog lights will come on even if the car is shut off. If you have a 2014 car, I can scan the relevant section for you.

Thanks everyone, great info

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

I'm planning on doing this when I get some free time. Here is some pertinent info. And yes, pin 14 on C2280D is mis-labeled according to the drawing. Obviously, you won't get the indication on the ipc with this mod either.

Last edited by whirledpeaz; 02-12-2017 at 11:41 AM. Reason: new links
    2014 Ingot Silver Fiesta sFe ​1.0L
    Just remember, you are > your fuel mileage!

the switch listed above is for vehicles that have autolamps. If your fiesta doesn't you'll need a different part number. D2BZ-11654-B. I recommend buying from Sunrise Ford parts because they have free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by whirledpeaz View Post
    the switch listed above is for vehicles that have autolamps. If your fiesta doesn't you'll need a different part number. D2BZ-11654-B. I recommend buying from Sunrise Ford parts because they have free shipping.
    saw that fuse panel looking for the cabin air filter,

are you gonna do a step by step of what you are about to do?

I don't know if I will have the time. If I do I'll be happy to.

Got this finished yesterday. I bought this fog light kit but only used the fog lights and bezels. The bezels don't fit the best but I'll eventually get some oem ones.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/262834709293

I originally tried to unpin the wires from each connector but with the limited space I decided against that. I left about 1.5 inches of wire sticking out from each connector ( always have a plan b!). Unwrapped the harness to get some length and freed both wires. Re-wrapped both harnesses and then connected the two wires. I am well aware that soldering would be best but with the cramped conditioning and my aching back and knees, I used an uninsulated butt splice. Also I did verify that socket 14 on the blue connector (C2280D) does go to the - side of the fog light relay in the BJB (battery junction box).

I'm very pleased with the results. The H11 bulbs in the fogs really do add to the overall lighting. Hope this is helpful to someone!

Here's some pics from the install:
    Fog light relay which is already in place

body control module - sits behind glove compartment - with both connectors removed

Last edited by whirledpeaz; 02-20-2017 at 06:30 AM.