[Storm Gray] 2014 Fiesta Hatch "Storm" - Page 11
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwin83 View Post
    Thank you! I didn't realize at the time but I had ordered the Ford accessories gloss black fog lamp bezels instead of the textured grey/black bezels. It's a goof I'm glad I made. I like the gloss black SOOO much better and I want to black out he chrome cross slats in my grille with a gloss black.
    I agree on both counts. Blacking out the horizontal pieces on the grill was one of my first mods. You should have removed them for painting when you had the bumper off. It takes 5 minutes to pop them out from the back side. I'm thinking that it might be possible to remove them from the front but it would be tricky.
    2017 Shadow Black SE
    Formerly 2011 Ingot Silver SE

www.iPlummet.com

Quote Originally Posted by SansSuit View Post
    I agree on both counts. Blacking out the horizontal pieces on the grill was one of my first mods. You should have removed them for painting when you had the bumper off. It takes 5 minutes to pop them out from the back side. I'm thinking that it might be possible to remove them from the front but it would be tricky.
    You can also use gloss or Matt pinstripe to cover the chrome strips. Sometimes easier and resists stone damage.

UPDATE! So FINALLY after much complaining at my service manager for the hack job of the body shop that "fixed" my corrosion on the inside seam of my lift gate, they finally sent my car to another more reputable body shop. They had me personally take it there so I can point out the concerns I had with the initial repair. After getting the car back I have to say it was a night and day difference in the quality of work. After talking to the owner of that body shop he was telling me the first place never applied sealer and sprayed paint straight onto the aluminum. It was so poorly done that when he went to strip the previous repair off the paint just flaked off. VERY UNSATISFIED with the handling of this issue with my place of employment no less. I'll run some pictures when I get a chance so you can see the difference from the ones I posted about the initial repair.
    Last edited by Goodwin83; 06-08-2017 at 04:24 PM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta SE Hatch w/ 5-speed
    2011 Ford Fiesta SE Sedan w/ Powershift

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaFaction.com
    Advertisements

Alright here is a couple from the inital repair just for refresh.

IMG_20161102_152919035 by Robert Goodwin, on Flickr
    IMG_20161102_152912201 by Robert Goodwin, on Flickr
    IMG_20161102_152907682 by Robert Goodwin, on Flickr
    IMG_20161102_152852478 by Robert Goodwin, on Flickr

Now for some new repair pics...

IMG_20170608_180625540 by Robert Goodwin, on Flickr
    IMG_20170608_180619233_TOP by Robert Goodwin, on Flickr
    IMG_20170608_180607706 by Robert Goodwin, on Flickr

It's blatantly clear in the pictures that it was a much better clean up and repair. They actually sealed and sprayed and then used clear which the other shop did not. The brownish color you see is a kind of cavity wax that this shop uses and they have had excellent results when preventing a repeat problem. They use it to seal the inside of the lift gate since that is where the corrosion starts. Even though I still think Ford should have replaced the lift gate, I'm more pleased with this repair than the last one.
    2014 Ford Fiesta SE Hatch w/ 5-speed
    2011 Ford Fiesta SE Sedan w/ Powershift