Fiesta Faction banner

2014 Fiesta Hatch "Storm"

[Storm Gray] 
39K views 118 replies 20 participants last post by  Goodwin83 
#1 · (Edited)
2014 Ford Fiesta HB 5-speed. Just got here about 3 weeks ago. Not quite 1000 on the ticker yet. I switched over to full synthetic oil at 500 miles.

#4 ·
On Monday 2/16 I had the windows tinted all the way around. Illinois law only allows 35% on all windows except windshield. If I went darker in the back I would have to go lighter in the front. They would have put on whatever I wanted but I wanted to stay legal.---cold air intake is on order and soon to come.

IMG_20150216_121933949 by r.goodwin83, on Flickr

IMG_20150216_121947459 by r.goodwin83, on Flickr

IMG_20150216_122001206 by r.goodwin83, on Flickr

I also changed out the low beams with the ZXE sylvania bulbs.

headlight1 by r.goodwin83, on Flickr

#9 · (Edited)
Alright...so I ordered this intake kit under the understanding that it was for 11-13 Fiestas and I did find out about the MAF sensor being integrated into the throttle body on the 14-15's. I figured I would try to fabricate a block off plate to close off the MAF sensor mount. I used a really thin metal probably to thin to effectively work so I thought about having someone use that as a template to cut a block from thicker aluminum. I'm thinking I may just return the kit and wait to see if K&N will actually make a dedicated kit for the 14 up. Just seems like a lot more time than its worth.

#11 ·
Thanks you Mach 1. Definitely going to change a few more things. UPDATE: I returned the intake. I decided I didn't want to have to "adapt" anything. So I just ordered a drop in K&N and I'll keep my eye out for a kit.

#17 ·
Went to see Furious 7 on Saturday the 11th. We got to the theater and she reached down to grab her cup, then she screamed. I come over and shes grabbing at her finger. From what I can tell the chrome on the surround for the cup holder started peeling(never noticed). When she grabbed her cup a she caught it perfectly and it went straight THROUGH her nail and into her finger.

In the picture you can see the piece of chrome after she pulled it from her finger nail. The blood on the nail is actually the entrance point. All I can say is ouch. New center console is on order under warranty.
IMG952015041295013113 by r.goodwin83, on Flickr

IMG_20150415_192324912 by r.goodwin83, on Flickr

#19 ·
Went to see Furious 7 on Saturday the 11th. We got to the theater and she reached down to grab her cup, then she screamed. I come over and shes grabbing at her finger. From what I can tell the chrome on the surround for the cup holder started peeling(never noticed). When she grabbed her cup a she caught it perfectly and it went straight THROUGH her nail and into her finger.

In the picture you can see the piece of chrome after she pulled it from her finger nail. The blood on the nail is actually the entrance point. All I can say is ouch. New center console is on order under warranty.
I agree, ouch! I'm getting sympathy pains just looking at the photo; I'm glad you're wife's doing well. I recommend calling into our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-521-4140, Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday) / 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST (Saturday.)

Meagan

#20 ·
Thank You Meagan. I probably won't call. I work for a Ford Dealer as a service writer in northern Illinois. Unfortunately I have seen this before(the chrome peeling, not the near amputation of my wife's finger...lol). The vehicle is less than a year old with 7k on the ticker, so its going to get a new center console because the chrome bezel doesn't come separately. Thank you for helping us out on here.

Rob

#23 ·
UPDATE...Been really busy in the process of buying my very first house. We close on the 19th and all the paper signing and terror of going to closing not having everything will be done and gone. So...in celebration for the event I placed an order for the R2C cold air intake for the 14-15 Fiesta. Pictures to follow

#26 ·
Alright...closing on the house is done..also the intake is in and I have to say I like it...A LOT! The car feels more responsive on acceleration plus I get the growl from under the hood.

Here it is.
IMG_20150519_225746453 by Robert Goodwin, on Flickr

Before removal
IMG_20150519_225757782 by Robert Goodwin, on Flickr

Airbox is out
IMG_20150519_230632776 by Robert Goodwin, on Flickr

Intake is in!
IMG_20150519_233910950 by Robert Goodwin, on Flickr
IMG_20150519_233918422 by Robert Goodwin, on Flickr
IMG_20150519_233922654 by Robert Goodwin, on Flickr

#28 ·
Ford Racing Exhaust Sound Clip!

Alright,just so we are clear I don't have professional training in making videos/movies etc. Tried to get sound the Ford Racing exhaust throws out. If its not good enough let me know and I will try to get someone to hold the camera next time. Hope this helps....

https://www.youtube.com/embed/7rvRY_aoogc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.