Stock ST exhaust on a 1.0 Ecoboost?
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Default Stock ST exhaust on a 1.0 Ecoboost?

Has anyone installed a stock ST exhaust on their 1.0 car and if so do you have a video of how it sounds? I want a little bit of sound out of the exhaust but still fairly quiet. The stock exhaust on our cars is practically silent!
    2015 Fiesta SFE 1.0 Ecoboost hatchback Magnetic Grey

I confirmed yesterday that an ST exhaust is NOT a direct fit. The mid pipe is 4 inches shorter than the stock exhaust. It can be made to fit but not sure its entirely worth the money. I also have the FRPP Borla exhaust too. The upside to my experiment is that I had all three exhausts side by side to do a comparison. To my surprise, the ST tubing is larger than the Borla! I put my cheapie mic on it in different locations and it seems to be an odd size of 2.2 inches or 55mm. The Borla is 2.0" and the stock 1.0 is 1.8". I am running no muffler for now. Its not too loud but I will be putting a small straight through or run resonator tips. BTW, the stock muffler is quite porky.

FYI - In the first picture, I do have the pipes matched up so you can see the 'shortage' of the Borla which is of course the same length as the ST. The subsequent pictures simply show the pipe diameter differences. They are not matched up in length

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Fiesta_Hack; 07-05-2015 at 02:24 AM.
    Ecoboostin'
    2014 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost wrapped in black.
    2015 Fiesta SE 5 speed in White

I'm guessing that your stock exhaust is off a sedan. Sedans have a longer profile to the bumper. I believe that someone in another section of the forum had this fixed by extending the tips. Pretty simple work for any exhaust shop.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaFaction.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by m3mackenzie View Post
    I'm guessing that your stock exhaust is off a sedan. Sedans have a longer profile to the bumper. I believe that someone in another section of the forum had this fixed by extending the tips. Pretty simple work for any exhaust shop.
    I have a hatch. Assuming you saw the pics above, this has nothing to do with the longer profile of a sedan. As stated above, it is the mid-pipe that is shorter. This is the pipe that connects to the downpipe. Technically, the 1.0 has a short 8" or so connector from the downpipe to the mid pipe (I did not capture a pic of this when under the car). I was hoping that Ford designed this short connector so that the rest of the exhaust would line up to the 1.6 NA and Turbo and reduce setup costs for the 1.0 exhaust. However, it does not.

As for making it fit, sure it most certainly can be done. Doing it right by welding an extension in would prob cost about $100 in my area of California. If you weld yourself, than it should be easy and super low cost.
    Last edited by Fiesta_Hack; 07-05-2015 at 11:32 AM.
    Ecoboostin'
    2014 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost wrapped in black.
    2015 Fiesta SE 5 speed in White

Quote Originally Posted by Fiesta_Hack View Post
    I confirmed yesterday that an ST exhaust is NOT a direct fit. The mid pipe is 4 inches shorter than the stock exhaust. It can be made to fit but not sure its entirely worth the money. I also have the FRPP Borla exhaust too. The upside to my experiment is that I had all three exhausts side by side to do a comparison. To my surprise, the ST tubing is larger than the Borla! I put my cheapie mic on it in different locations and it seems to be an odd size of 2.2 inches or 55mm. The Borla is 2.0" and the stock 1.0 is 1.8". I am running no muffler for now. Its not too loud but I will be putting a small straight through or run resonator tips. BTW, the stock muffler is quite porky.

FYI - In the first picture, I do have the pipes matched up so you can see the 'shortage' of the Borla which is of course the same length as the ST. The subsequent pictures simply show the pipe diameter differences. They are not matched up in length
    Thanks for the info!
    2015 Fiesta SFE 1.0 Ecoboost hatchback Magnetic Grey

I want to fabricate an exhaust for my ecosport which has the 1.0 ecoboost engine. can someone tell me the pcd of the holes for the exhaust flange please

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk