Fiesta Faction banner

My 2015 Fiesta Titanium Project

[Tuxedo Black] 
8K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  NATYPE 
#1 · (Edited)
So I've been slowly getting parts together as I've decided what to do to my car over the past year or so. The first few things I purchased were some splash guards and a generic pod filter, just for fun. The splash guards are still on my Fiesta but the pod has since been replaced with an FSWerks intake. It sounds great and the wrinkle black finish is awesome. I've also gotten a spoiler from a Fiesta ST as well as some red spark plug wires and an engine cover from FSWerks again. That's all I had for awhile aside from installing some switchbacks and yellow fog lights. Debadged it as well.

Freshly debadged. Wasn't too difficult with just a hairdryer and some fishing line. Polished and waxed afterwards.

I really do love the finish on the intake and engine cover. I did have to make a cover for the MAF sensor hole on the intake though.

The yellow fogs seem to be hit or miss for most people. My friends love them but my girlfriend isn't a fan. Oh well, I like them.​

Just yesterday I finally had some new springs installed. I was originally going to go with the Eibach springs available for our vehicle but ended up going with the H&R springs instead. They're amazing. The ride quality is still great but it's much less "floaty" now. Still feels comfortable on the highway but on any twisty back road there's much less body roll. It also no longer dips under hard breaking which I really like. Plus it makes the stock Titanium wheels fill out the arches much better so I can hold off on getting some new ones. ;)

Got home from work and tore open the package in the driveway.

The image on Tire Rack showed the springs as being black so I was worried I got the Super Sport Springs for a bit. Turns out the image on their site was just outdated.

Looks nice from the front. The wheels might have a bit too much camber though. Still need an alignment...

It really does look much better from the side now. Gets rid of that "lifted" look.

Just thought I'd go ahead and start this thread so I have somewhere to post new updates on my Fiesta. Also, I'm thinking about doing something to improve the braking ability of the car, maybe larger rotors? I don't know yet, either way though this car is way more fun than I originally expected.

See less See more
#4 ·
So far they're awesome. Ride quality during general driving is honestly very close to stock though there's a lot more steering feel. The stock shocks and struts seem to be doing just fine with them too. Something I have noticed though is that I can't take a speed bump at more than 5 mph or else my suspension feels like concrete. Pot holes are definitely more noticeable too which makes sense.

All that being said the way the car rides during any kind of spirited driving is night and day different. It feels way more confident through corners and rolls so much less. That coupled with the increased steering feel I mentioned earlier makes it way more enjoyable.

#5 ·
Alright, good to know. Those are two things I've been looking at. Pads sooner than the braided lines though. I'm not sure how difficult those would be to switch out on my own. Do you have any experience installing braided lines by any chance?

#8 ·
Update 2

So today I got in some LED's to replace the license plate lights and interior lights. They were pretty inexpensive too, only about $12 for 10 of them. They work really well for illuminating the license plate and look pretty good too. They're 6000K color temperature as well. Sadly though they're a little too long to use in the interior housings. They can fit with a little bit of force but I'd rather have something that fits in nice and easy. Plus since the LED's have a black housing they look a little out of place in the map lights and the only white ones I've found are brighter than I'd like.

Just took them out of the package. I actually ordered and received them on the same day thanks to Amazon's insane shipping.

Waited until it was dark out to take a picture. Definitely looks better than the OEM bulbs, I think.​
Definitely worth the $12 in my opinion though. For whatever reason having white LED's illuminating the license plate just looks a bit more modern to me. Here's the link to the lights as well - http://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-10pcs-Bright-market/dp/B00OH0S5Y2

#12 ·
Your Fiesta is looking good! I ended up doing all LED in my lights. Just a little hint-if you plan on changing out your brake lights go with a red LED versus a white one. The white one is so bright it makes the brake lights look pink instead of red.

#13 ·
Alright, good to know. I've been thinking about changing those pretty soon. Just out of curiosity, is it hard to do? Is it the same kind of setup as the headlights? As in there's connectors that you twist out of the back of the enclosure?

#17 ·
Update 3

Just added a few more things to the Fiesta. I ended up plasti-dipping the chrome trim around the windows because I think it looks much better black. I'm pretty sure that trim is exclusive to that Titanium trim models as well. I'm tempted to have the sprayed Tuxedo Black in the future but the matte finish matches the area around the windows surprisingly well. I had tried to paint them on the car first but the masking was a pain. I ended up removing them and spraying them outside on some cardboard.

A quick shot after everything was dry and put back on the car.

I did actually have a lot of issues getting the trim back on the car. The far front and back pieces are held on using 3M adhesive, I just replaced that after I took them off, so that's all fine. The longer pieces of trim however are really only held in by the top of the rubber and some of the molding. There's a piece on the inside of the trim that's supposed to snap back into the window rubber if that makes sense. I swear I tried for awhile and could not get it back in. I might ask my dealership about that next time I'm there. Even so I haven't had any issues with it flying off the car or anything. :cool:

I also ended up picking up some Weathertech wind deflectors which I just installed today. I'm planning on having these in the front and then getting the back windows tinted. So far I like them a lot although they were a bit tricky to install. I ended up having to reseat them quite a few times because the windows wouldn't let themselves roll up all of the way at first.

Just fitted the deflectors to the car, probably going to remove the small Weathertech stickers too.

All in all the car is moving forward. I still need to get some body work done after my since my neighbor backing into my car awhile back, but other than that I still have plans for wheels and exhaust in the coming months. I'm thinking some white Sparco Assetto Gara's. ;)

#18 ·
Just added a few more things to the Fiesta. I ended up plasti-dipping the chrome trim around the windows because I think it looks much better black. I'm pretty sure that trim is exclusive to that Titanium trim models as well. I'm tempted to have the sprayed Tuxedo Black in the future but the matte finish matches the area around the windows surprisingly well. I had tried to paint them on the car first but the masking was a pain. I ended up removing them and spraying them outside on some cardboard.

Great job on the dechroming, it's something I need to do to my own car. How is the plastidip holding up?

#20 ·
Update 4 - New Wheels and Tires

Finally got some new wheels and tires for my Fiesta. I ended up going with White Sparco Assetto Gara's with some BFGoodrich G-Force Comp 2 all-season tires. I ordered them from TireRack so they came balanced, mounted, and with the TPMS sensors already installed. The sensors synced up automatically as well.

The fitment is almost exactly where I want it. I'm tempted to get some 10-15mm spacers for the back though.

From the side the wheels look like they tuck just a little bit. No issues with rubbing etc. though so far.

The ride is so much better now. It's a bit more stiff but the grip is noticeably different compared to the original tires. I'm sure some of that comes from the fact that the new wheels are wider as well. Right now that's all I have to say about them but I'll update this thread with my thoughts after driving on them a little longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.