Insane insurance costs! Please help!
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Default Insane insurance costs! Please help!

I live in Michigan and insurance is normally higher here but I'm getting especially screwed. I am paying 190 dollars a month and I have 0 tickets 0 traffic violations in general and have never been issued ANY type of citation in my entire life. No MIPs no theft, no DUIs nothing. My friend who has a DUI (but is 23 and I'm 21) only pays 150 on insurance for his 9000 dollar financed truck and he goes through the same company (progressive) So my fiesta SFE 2015 cost a bit more but still, we should at least break even since he has a DUI and I'm totally clean! My credit isn't even bad, sense why I could finance my car without a cosigner.

Any recommendations? I'm with progressive now. Liberty mutual wanted 800!!!! Yes 800 a month. Geico wants like 220 esurance wants 218, farmers wouldn't insure me last time I checked because at the time I didn't have 6 months continuous insurance because I borrowed a car for a year when I moved here from Florida.

Any recommendations are open but I insist on keeping it legal and getting a policy that keeps my lean holders happy.

Just for reference, I was paying 120 a month for full coverage on my 07 frontier in Florida.

Thanks!
    Last edited by The; 08-29-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Try Travelers. I just changed to them this year from another company and my rates are a third of what I was paying for all the same coverage/deductible and a towing range double what I had. Now I have no points like you but the number of insured years will have a bearing ... I am paying $1123 per year for both the car AND renters insurance.

Look for agencies that handle various insurance companies ... they are usually more willing to scout several places at once for you and take some of the stress out of locating a decent cost. You didn't say what deductible you were running or liability range but a couple things may help. 1. Increase the deductible. A $500 deductible is less expensive than $100. 2) if there is room to do it, lower the liability on the policy to lessen the effect on the wallet.

If you stay with Progressive, look into various discounts they may have. I know they have several that could lower things. Take a Defensive Driving Course (online if allowed) ... lowers rates some for 3 years (in NY at least).
    Larry
    Fiestas:
    prior '11, '12 and 2 '14s
    Fusion: '17 SE Hybrid,
    RubyRed/LgtStone

Yikes. All I can say is to shop around. I have AAA and pay $327 every 6 months for full coverage on the Fiesta,my 02 Maxima, my Datsun pickup, Renters insurance and AAA membership.

You do need to realize that your age will always be a prohibiting factor no matter what. Young people pay higher premiums. Period. Until you either get married or turn 25, you're not going to see a drastic drop in premiums.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaFaction.com
    Advertisements

My insurance is high compared to yours ... but my old company wanted to nail me over $2400 a year. Ummm, no ... just n...o...period.

Took my agent about 3 days going thru possibilities and I took Travelers as I also needed renters which the other companies they handle either did not offer or bundle.
    Larry
    Fiestas:
    prior '11, '12 and 2 '14s
    Fusion: '17 SE Hybrid,
    RubyRed/LgtStone

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra348 View Post
    Try Travelers. I just changed to them this year from another company and my rates are a third of what I was paying for all the same coverage/deductible and a towing range double what I had. Now I have no points like you but the number of insured years will have a bearing ... I am paying $1123 per year for both the car AND renters insurance.

Look for agencies that handle various insurance companies ... they are usually more willing to scout several places at once for you and take some of the stress out of locating a decent cost. You didn't say what deductible you were running or liability range but a couple things may help. 1. Increase the deductible. A $500 deductible is less expensive than $100. 2) if there is room to do it, lower the liability on the policy to lessen the effect on the wallet.

If you stay with Progressive, look into various discounts they may have. I know they have several that could lower things. Take a Defensive Driving Course (online if allowed) ... lowers rates some for 3 years (in NY at least).
    This. I'm with Travelers and save a ton of money compared to when I was with state farm.

Does Michigan being a no fault state have anything to do with the cost of insurance?
    2014 Blue Candy Fiesta 5dr

Michigan holds the record for the highest car insurance premiums in the nation, so you need to pick the best. her's a list:

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/best-...e-in-michigan/

https://www.valuepenguin.com/best-ch...rance-michigan