About to buy one of these. Need reassurance.
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default About to buy one of these. Need reassurance.

So I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on an '16 Fiesta ecoboost sedan. No hatchbacks at all in my area, and in fact I'm going to have to drive 2.5 hrs to the dealers that actually have any.

My reason for purchasing a Fiesta is that I've never owned a new car before, always drove older $3500-$5000 cars maintained them myself. I'm getting tired of it and just want something brand new for the first time. The fiesta, accent, yaris, etc.. are what's in my price range. I'm picking the Fiesta because of the steep discounts Ford is offering on them, the generous equipment for the price, manual transmission option, and most of all they seem to have the best ride quality and handling. I drove a regular 1.6 automatic and I came away impressed. It handled like a Miata but rides like a Camry.

Now my reason for going for an ecoboost model specifically isn't for the fuel economy but for the added torque. Most of my driving is in urban situations where torque comes in handy. I have a spirited driving style when situations permit and I'm looking forward to a fun, flickable car. I'm the kind of person that likes driving a slow car fast and I've found that anything i've ever owned with over 200hp where I live is just overkill.

I'm just getting cold feet making the largest car purchase yet (even though it is a cheap car) and I was wondering how people are liking their Fiestas as time goes on.

Have owned mine for over a year now, just passed 10k miles. It took about a month to get the hang of the power band. The acceleration wasn't mind boggling but I figured in time I could fix that. You really have to drive it like a diesel and I've noticed I don't ever have to downshift going up a hill, just floor it.... wait a few seconds, and then the torque comes on pretty good. It handles damn nice though. It's only about a half second to a second behind the ST's at the autocross track. I plan on keeping mine as long as possible.

I actually ended up buying it.

I love it so far. I know what you mean about the powerband. I actually like it for normal driving as it makes the car feel very unstressed/relaxed. I'm waiting until it breaks in before I start revving the **** off of it though. MPG is amazing though. This was on the 2.5hr drive home from the dealership

Ride quality and handling has so far far exceeded my expectations.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaFaction.com
    Advertisements

No dealers in my area even carried the 1.0L. I had to order mine. Got exactly what I wanted that way. I love it! I did own the 1.6L as well. All the same, I do same more on the MPG and with the same/more power! My car has been in the shop 3 times already(Trans,GPS unit{re-glue on windshield} & Turbo). Going on two years of driving 26K on the car. You can see my threads on the car issues just looking me up in a search. This was the 2nd year of manufacturing so they are still ironing out the issues on the manufacturing floor.

New 2015 1.0L Fiesta:

Old 2011 1.6L Fiesta:
    2015 Fiesta SE Hatch 1.0L Ecoboost
    2011 Fiesta SE Hatch 1.6L Manual - traded
    2000 Ranger XLT

3 people have posted of cracked heads on these 1.0 engines here on this forum. This is rather high considering how very few people own 1.0 Fiestas and post here. I'd go for a 1.6 liter and a manual trans if you must own a Fiesta.

I highly suggest searching google.eu and look at the plethora of cracked head issues these motors have had over there.

I think all the cracked heads are in UK, I don't think there is any in the US. Does anyone know for sure? I also recall the ones that did crack had coolant issues before hand.

New 2015 1.0L Fiesta:

Old 2011 1.6L Fiesta:
    2000 Ranger XLT

Last I checked, Wisconsin, Nevada and Pennsylvania are in the US.

Hey wize one.....I know that Wisconsin, Nevada and Pennsylvania are in the US....thanks for the lesson! Some people!

New 2015 1.0L Fiesta:

Old 2011 1.6L Fiesta:
    2000 Ranger XLT

Quote Originally Posted by joel27nc View Post
    Hey wize one.....I know that Wisconsin, Nevada and Pennsylvania are in the US....thanks for the lesson! Some people!
    I just need to be a smart-ass sometimes - those are the states where the three posters with cracked heads are from in case anyone didn't follow my sarcasm.