New member from RI
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Default New member from RI

New member from RI. I just bought a 2015 4 dr Sedan SE. It's a Hertz car with 30K. Just trying to soak up as much info as possible. I'm using the Fiesta for the winter while I park my 2001 Mustang GT.

Do the winters get very bad in RI? This is my first winter in the Fiesta. I was a little worried about having a small car again but I'm finding it's handling is much better than my previous cars (VW Golf - terrible; Buick Regal - floating mattress) Nice looking cars you got Welcome!
    :: Mia
    2012 Blue Candy SES "Sully" the little blue monster

The weather is never consistent. Some winters, we get snow quite often. This year, about 2" total so far. I was disappointed ( but way better than the Mustang ) with my Fiesta, but I don't have all season tires. I would say they're touring tires. I will upgrade to a good all season tire or a dedicated snow package. With my Mustang, it was quite scary driving a rear wheel 5 sp in the snow.

Welcome aboard!

I've run winter ice/snow tires on my cars going back over 20 years now, and can say that the difference, for me, has been significant. Some winter tires are better than others, and there's the question of sizing relative to the original tire size, but you should see quite an improvement in handling, accelerating, and braking. Other than a couple of occasions of high-centering on snow while playing around, I haven't been stuck in general, "responsible" driving. I highly recommend them. You may find a set at a good deal locally or on web forums or bulletin boards. I found my current set of wheels/tires for $300 that came off a pre-Gen 3 Focus on Craigslist.

I have been looking on CL for a while. My issue was braking and and take off in slippery conditions. I did have a 1st gen Focus with the 4x108, but sold all my spare wheels yrs ago.Tirerack has some decent package deals also. Of course money was spent on Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryXB View Post
    The weather is never consistent. Some winters, we get snow quite often. This year, about 2" total so far. I was disappointed ( but way better than the Mustang ) with my Fiesta, but I don't have all season tires. I would say they're touring tires. I will upgrade to a good all season tire or a dedicated snow package. With my Mustang, it was quite scary driving a rear wheel 5 sp in the snow.
    does your Fiesta have the traction control?

I have the same car as you expect its a 1.0 5 speed, and its grey.

I just purchased some studded snow tires for the front of the car today,

recently we got up some pretty rough snow and ice,

coming home I lost traction for a second up the steep part of my driveway, but once over the scary part, I got into 2nd gear and with enough speed got up my driveway,

my neighbor had to park at the bottom of the hill.

I got a set of master craft glacier snow tires that could be studded, $78 a tire, and $20 a piece to have them studded. planning on running them until April 15th, Im in VA. it came out to $240 installed, studded, mounted, balanced, and I kept the other tires to have them put back on this spring, not really necessary to have a extra set of wheels,

Thinking the snow tires will be better than chains that could break, and hopefully can use the tires next season also.

speaking of wheels, did those wheels come with your Fiesta?
    Last edited by F0RD; 01-09-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by F0RD View Post
    does your Fiesta have the traction control?

I have the same car as you expect its a 1.0 5 speed, and its grey.

I just purchased some studded snow tires for the front of the car today,

recently we got up some pretty rough snow and ice,

coming home I lost traction for a second up the steep part of my driveway, but once over the scary part, I got into 2nd gear and with enough speed got up my driveway,

my neighbor had to park at the bottom of the hill.

I got a set of master craft glacier snow tires that could be studded, $78 a tire, and $20 a piece to have them studded. planning on running them until April 15th, Im in VA. it came out to $240 installed, studded, mounted, balanced, and I kept the other tires to have them put back on this spring, not really necessary to have a extra set of wheels,

Thinking the snow tires will be better than chains that could break, and hopefully can use the tires next season also.

speaking of wheels, did those wheels come with your Fiesta?

They're the standard wheel on a 16' 1.6L SE I have those as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk