2015 Fiesta se exhaust
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Default 2015 Fiesta se exhaust

I recently bought a cat back for my 2015 Fiesta se. Went to install and the bolts below the cat are rusted and won't move. I don't want to strip them out, thinking i might need them for the new exhaust. But I was wondering if once I do get the stock exhaust to come free will the whole thing come out in one piece or will I have to cut it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default 2015 Fiesta se exhaust

I had to make one cut before the muffler. Basically the last bit of horizontal pipe before it curves up and over the rear beam. There is one guy on the ST forum that removed his without cutting but his car was on a lift. I did mine with only the rear lifted and a sawzall. Super simple to do. If you need to put it back in you can use a simple band clamp or get a single weld.

Ecoboostin'
    2014 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost wrapped in black.
    2015 Fiesta SE 5 speed in White

That's what I was thinking looking at it. Another question, if I was to cut just the muffler off will it mess anything up in the engine?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaFaction.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tssmith916 View Post
    That's what I was thinking looking at it. Another question, if I was to cut just the muffler off will it mess anything up in the engine?

It will only sound louder until you fit the new exhaust. Can't damage the engine though. I cut mine before and after the middle resonator, replaced that with straight pipe. Also cut the rear muffler box off off (single outlet hidden tailpipe thing that came with my S trim) and replaced with an ST rear muffler with the double tips. No issues other than sounding more awesome.

TLDR Fiddling with the exhaust won't hurt your engine.

Tuxedo Black '15 S