Anybody Running 205/50-16s These Days?
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Default Anybody Running 205/50-16s These Days?

First, yes, I searched a bit, but didn't really see impressions other than "they fit".

Looking at new rubber for my 2011 SES. The current 195s are/were okay, but I've been considering including 205s for more expanded options. I know they fit fine, as I tried on a set of a friend's 205 winter rubber for sizing. I didn't have a chance for a longer term impression on driving them. His set had a 40mm offset on 7 inch wide rims, and the OEM wheels are a half inch narrower, with a 45mm offset, IIRC.

Any real drawbacks I'm overlooking here?

I have them on my 11, prefer the 195 over the 205. I also lowered my car with the Ford kit, only rubs on big bumps. I don't like the ride & small sidewalls

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    FiestyOne (2011 White, manual)
    Chevy Suburban & Cadillac STS
    SmIle, it makes others CrAzY!

205/50/16 fit just fine.
    I have been running them for some time now. Recently installed a new set of tires on my Fiesta they are 205/50/16. I have worn one set out already in 205/50/16. I probably have put 70,000mi on my vehicle running the 205/50/16 size.
    Both sets of tires are Pirelli Cintuarto P7 All season plus.
    2014 Fiesta Titanium Hatch, 5-speed, Performance Blue

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaFaction.com
    Advertisements

Have them on the 2015. Lowered and no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ecoboostin'
    2014 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost wrapped in black.
    2015 Fiesta SE 5 speed in White

To clarify things up. I have been using the 205/50/16 size, I love it!
    There is way more selection, the wider size looks better.

My are mounted on the OEM 16x6.5 wheels. If you dive into the specifications of the tires you wide that the 195 width tire is actually on the narrow side for a 6.5" wide wheel. The ideal size and measured specs for most 205 width tires are for 6.5" wide wheels. The 6.5 wide Fiesta wheels are ideal for a 205 width tire.

The 205/50/16 is about 4/10 of an inch taller than factory tires. Negligible amount. I drive a lot and the 16" wheels ride kind of rough. That extra 1/4" of side wall actually seems to help cushion the ride.

It been well documented that the speedo in tje Fiesta indicates faster than you actually are. Any fraction increase in speedo error actually makeS it read more true going with the slightly larger tire.

I have suspension modifications or lowered vehicle. Stock suspension, stock OEM wheels.

I also use a 185/65/15 snow tire mounted on other wheels for a winter setup. The snow tire is taller yet at 24.5"OD vs 24.1"OD for a 205/50/16 vs the stock tire at 195/50/16 at 23.7"OD.

I don't notice any difference in performance having to turn a larger tire.

Buy the 205/50/16. Looks better and way more choices.

I run 205/45R16s. Look and feel great but I think next set will be the 205/50R16s for the slightly extra ability to absorb bumps.
    By the way, you can change your tyre settings in the system using ForScan so the speedo will be more accurate.
    Last edited by ThaiFiesta; 04-23-2017 at 05:29 AM.

I had 205/50/16 tires on my 2011 Fiesta since 900 miles and have the FRPP lower springs. No issues
    Rick T

2011 SES Lime Squeeze/Moonroof/PowerShift
    Tint, FRPP Handling Kit, Bojix lip, CAI

Another thing worth mentioning is that a 205/50/16 mounted on a spare wheel will fit snuggly into the wheel well of the trunk to be used for a full sized spare tire.

Shortly after my car was new I got yellow road paint on one of the wheels. While trying to remove the road paint, I took the finish off of the wheel. Other than finish, the wheel was like new and functional. Getting a new wheel was surprisingly cheap from Tacsa parts so I just replaced the wheel. When my OEM hankook tires wore out, I took one them and used it as a full sized spare and mounted it on the damaged wheel. When my replacement 205/50/16 tires also wore out recently, I used one of them and took it for a full sized spare that matches my current tires since I bought the identical tires.

Only modification I had to do was to buy a rod coupling and a long metric bolt and lengthen the T-handle shaped bolt that holds the doughnut spare tire in place.
    Last edited by cuemark8; 04-22-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donaldjl View Post
    First, yes, I searched a bit, but didn't really see impressions other than "they fit".

Looking at new rubber for my 2011 SES. The current 195s are/were okay, but I've been considering including 205s for more expanded options. I know they fit fine, as I tried on a set of a friend's 205 winter rubber for sizing. I didn't have a chance for a longer term impression on driving them. His set had a 40mm offset on 7 inch wide rims, and the OEM wheels are a half inch narrower, with a 45mm offset, IIRC.

Any real drawbacks I'm overlooking here?

I've had mine for over a year now, and I do have better cornering. There is a ramp I use to get on/off highway every day to go to work, and with these tires I can take the turn maybe 10mph faster with the same confidence as I had with the 195s. But it must be said that my avg. mpg went from 31 to 28. Just something to point out.

im running cooper zeon rs3a 215/50/16 they rubbed alot at first on bumps but now they dont
    i guess my wheel wells are worn to the tire now
    2011 Monterey Grey fiesta SES