Switch Blank (Next to heated seat switch)
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Default Switch Blank (Next to heated seat switch)

Just to the right of the LH heated seat switch is a blank cover. I have yet to see a photo or read a description of any sort of a switch in that position.

Is there any incarnation of Fiesta where there is an actual switch in this location as opposed to the blank? If so, for what is it used?

Thanks.
    2017 Shadow Black SE
    Formerly 2011 Ingot Silver SE

www.iPlummet.com

The only option shown in the parts breakdown is a seat heater switch either with or without light package. It looks like the switch itself is designed with almost a "blank" next to it, but it doesn't appear anything else goes there, just an idiosyncrasy of design.

I alway wondered about that myself. Pop it off and see if there are any wires there to hook into. I had a Neon without power windows, but it was wired for them. It's a lot simpler to have just one wiring harness than lots of them.
    Dan
    65 Corvair convertible
    11 Fiesta 5 speed, GONE!
    14 Accord, 6 speed manual!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaFaction.com
    Advertisements

I've had mine off a while back and do not recall any wiring back there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ecoboostin'
    2014 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost wrapped in black.
    2015 Fiesta SE 5 speed in White

I have a new LH seat heat switch assembly, Motorcraft SW7296, in my hand. (It's hard to type like that.) This assembly consists of the switch itself and the blank portion. There is not a connector directly underneath the blank. The single switch connector has pin locations that are not used so it would be safe to assume that anything used in the right half of this assembly would use the pins that are not there. Inside there is one circuit board for the entire assembly but the right half is not being used.

It would be my guess that the assembly housing, circuit board, and inside workings are the same on the left and right seat heat switch. The buttons are different. Conceivably, one could take a left and right heat switch and make a left heat switch with a working pushbutton switch on the right side of it. ... I think.
    2017 Shadow Black SE
    Formerly 2011 Ingot Silver SE

www.iPlummet.com