Lets hope that its not the begining of a horror story
Fiesta Faction - Ford Fiesta Forums

Default Lets hope that its not the begining of a horror story

Hey guys,

Last Friday the car started having this problem.

The engine is running at the right temps, then i hit traffic ( or drive-thru ) and the radiator fan turns on. When it's on it makes some plastic on plastic, plastic on metal noise and a really nasty vibration that goes through the whole car. This is amplified when using A/C. I'll taken the car to the dealer this morning and a couple hours ago they left me a message.

They have to replace the blower motor for the A/C and the whole radiator fan assembly. There are no parts on the shelves in all of the canada....the parts will have to come from the US and will take 7 business days to arrive.

I will have to drive minimum 9 days hoping it won't break and make the damages worse.... The car has 42 xxx km, this should be covered by the bumper to bumper warranty right?

For the curious, it is 20$+tx /day for a loaner. If everything goes well, 7 business days + 1 weekend = 180$+tx. way too much.
    2014 Fiesta SFE

Did you buy the extended? You may be outside you warranty window if you didn't

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not sure the number of KM's the Canada warranty covers, but it should be 100% Covered. That's the downside of a low volume car, parts aren't stocked.

My first car the shroud that directs air for the fan came lose, hit the fan, broke several blades and put about ten holes in the radiator. Got a used radiator and fan form a salvage yard and the shroud form the dealer.
    Dan
    65 Corvair convertible
    11 Fiesta 5 speed, GONE!
    14 Accord, 6 speed manual!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaFaction.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 1.0 View Post
    Did you buy the extended? You may be outside you warranty window if you didn't

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    I got it second hand, no extended but im still covered by the regular one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvair View Post
    Not sure the number of KM's the Canada warranty covers, but it should be 100% Covered. That's the downside of a low volume car, parts aren't stocked.

My first car the shroud that directs air for the fan came lose, hit the fan, broke several blades and put about ten holes in the radiator. Got a used radiator and fan form a salvage yard and the shroud form the dealer.
    Yeah, thankfully I'm still covered. If anything else breaks they will have to replace the broken parts.
    2014 Fiesta SFE