Fiesta Faction banner

Weird Idle Stumble

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  donaldjl 
#1 · (Edited)
Had a weird idle stumble occur yesterday after stopping at a gas station and while navigating my way back out onto the road.

Car had been running great, and then the idle dropped below 500 rpm. I kept the clutch depressed, the idle returned to normal for a second, then dropped again for a second. I tapped the accelerator briefly, and the car revved fairly normally, and settled at its typical idle. No CEL, no other problems. Like a temporary hiccup.

It did this once about a month ago, but only once, and I thought I'd been sloppy with the gas/clutch and slightly bogged the car. Maybe apparently not.

I did a search for "idle" here and didn't see anything specific to my issue. I left my OBD reader at home, and I have Forscan now, so I'll see if there is anything logged that stands out as weird. In the meantime, I'll plan on cleaning the throttle body and connections, and checking some of the grounds and hoses to try to rule out ground or vacuum issues.

Any other ideas? Anything like happen to anybody else? It's just weird. There are threads about actual stalling, and a reference to a TSB for rolling idle stalling, but the car never stalls. Or at least it hasn't yet. Other references I've seen for Fiestas and Foci on the web with issues after fueling come around to the purge valve.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.