Fiesta Faction banner

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Corvair 
#1 ·

That is the number of miles that I got out of my original tires.
Well two of them, at least.

Other two were replaced a while back when I had a puncture, but two of the originals lasted almost 75k miles. And would have lasted to that point had I not replaced them today.

Got a bit hairy during a heavy rain storm, tread getting too low.
But anyway, I got my dang money's worth out of them

#9 ·
I don't remember what brand they were anymore but they were Korean. They were awful tires. So bad in winter I bought snow tires. They also were bad in the rain and dry. My Honda's Continentals got over 70,000 would have kept them longer buy winter was fast approaching. They were so good I bought another set.

#10 ·
Mine were the Optimo 426s, IIRC. After about 40-45K, added caution in heavy rain was required. Slow down, extra space, no sudden corrections/changes. They were loud, too, IMO, almost as loud as my snow/ice tires. My current tires seem so quiet in comparison.

Which Continentals do you have?

#13 ·
Guaranteed for 90,000 miles. The originals were a "cheaper" Continental PureContact. Pretty sure they were PureContac. They had a guarantee for 60,000. I will be happy if I get 80,000 miles. I think I will.

Something I noticed today, I had thought they were made in USA. Well, three of them are, the fourth was made in Romania. Romania isn't what is odd, (OK it is odd) but when you buy four of the same tires, you expect them to have the same country of origin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.