Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let you all know how FANTASTIC ford is with their customer service. Aside from the water pump leaking last month, the miscellaneous electrical issues with the radio and modules not going to sleep, now the engine is blown. Started her up Saturday morning, drove to mc Donalds with my girl to get breakfast, came back to the house to eat, then went to take her to work twenty minutes later, crank no start, then again, crank no start, then AGAIN, crank no start, Finally on the fourth go, with a light feather of the throttle, she started if you can call it that. Misfiring like a son of a gun. Took my girl to work, no CEL, everytime I stopped, the engine tried to die, got her to work, drove straight to the dealer, white smoke coming from the tail pipe, misfiring barely running. Still no CEL. Dealer tore down the motor yesterday, I got to take some pics! And get a call this afternoon the head is cracked, head gasket blown, and they're trying to repair it. Let me repeat this, trying to repair a TURBO CHARGED engine, touted as the most advanced engine ford has ever designed, an engine that reportedly has the most power per liter than any other engine commercially produced in the world, without touching the bottom end. They are replacing the head and the head gasket from what I have been told. Fomoco decided to have the dealer do this because of their cost cap system. This is cheaper by a couple hundred dollars, which is why Fomoco is having my dealer perform the repair instead of replacing the motor. Meanwhile, I am out of a car for three weeks, and I'm getting a P.O.S. car back with a rebuilt motor, even though I bought a new car with a new motor. Please share your thoughts on this below, I would love to see them!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just wanted to let you all know how FANTASTIC ford is with their customer service. Aside from the water pump leaking last month, the miscellaneous electrical issues with the radio and modules not going to sleep, now the engine is blown. Started her up Saturday morning, drove to mc Donalds with my girl to get breakfast, came back to the house to eat, then went to take her to work twenty minutes later, crank no start, then again, crank no start, then AGAIN, crank no start, Finally on the fourth go, with a light feather of the throttle, she started if you can call it that. Misfiring like a son of a gun. Took my girl to work, no CEL, everytime I stopped, the engine tried to die, got her to work, drove straight to the dealer, white smoke coming from the tail pipe, misfiring barely running. Still no CEL. Dealer tore down the motor yesterday, I got to take some pics! And get a call this afternoon the head is cracked, head gasket blown, and they're trying to repair it. Let me repeat this, trying to repair a TURBO CHARGED engine, touted as the most advanced engine ford has ever designed, an engine that reportedly has the most power per liter than any other engine commercially produced in the world, without touching the bottom end. They are replacing the head and the head gasket from what I have been told. Fomoco decided to have the dealer do this because of their cost cap system. This is cheaper by a couple hundred dollars, which is why Fomoco is having my dealer perform the repair instead of replacing the motor. Meanwhile, I am out of a car for three weeks, and I'm getting a P.O.S. car back with a rebuilt motor, even though I bought a new car with a new motor. Please share your thoughts on this below, I would love to see them!
Im sorry to hear that. I got the 1.6L Ford Fiesta 2015 Sedan Body style. I would be so mad if ny car did this. I thought about the 1.0L Ecoboost but if I remember correctly the 1.0L Ecoboost was developed back in 2014. Which means its still new and the reason I went toward the non ecoboost. For example look up and checkout the F150 Ecoboost misfiring and the carbon build up the cylinders that make the engine misfire. Cylinder 2 is natorious for misfiring and this is why i stayed clear of the ecoboost.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Well,

1. You bemoaned the car's speed topping out at 118 mph when the speedometer goes to 130 mph, so we can already assume you don't treat your car lightly. Neither here nor there, but just a data point.

2. From your profile: "...received a masters in automotive in high school". Good job? Not quite sure what high schools are accredited to dish out a Master's Degree, but sure. Not sure if this is a joke or you are actually trying to convince people of it.

3. You apparently can't figure out oil change cycles without your car telling you, and then accuse the car of being a lemon.

Are you looking for sympathy? None to be had here, sorry. Your credibility is trash.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
"if I remember correctly the 1.0L Ecoboost was developed back in 2014. Which means its still new and the reason I went toward the non ecoboost."

New isn't an excuse. You don't sell a car without debugging it. It's been a year and a couple of days since I got rid of my Fiesta. The Honda has had zero issues. I made an appointment for a repair the day I took delivery on it, and then it got worse.(The Fiesta) The only real surprise was the gas milage, at worst , it gets three mile per gallon worse. This is an Accord with 65 more hp and well, compared to the Fiesta, it's huge. Also much quicker than you would expect with only 65 more HP.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think this thread should be in another section of this forum.

But anyways, I hope this an isolated incident. I don't have the 1.0L. I would have liked to have but I was also very leery of the new engine. I'm not a huge fan of the economist line in general especially if you drove alot of driving and will be putting high mileage on the vehicle.
As great as the 1.0L was hyped, my number was concern was the aluminum head and cast iron block.
Two different metals expanding at two different rates. Never a great setup. Now throw in forced induction in on top of that, seemed like a possible recipe for diaster.

I hope not.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts

But anyways, I hope this an isolated incident. I don't have the 1.0L. I would have liked to have but I was also very leery of the new engine. I'm not a huge fan of the economist line in general especially if you drove alot of driving and will be putting high mileage on the vehicle.
As great as the 1.0L was hyped, my number was concern was the aluminum head and cast iron block.
Two different metals expanding at two different rates. Never a great setup. Now throw in forced induction in on top of that, seemed like a possible recipe for diaster.

I hope not.
It's had a successful lifecycle in the Fiesta, B-Max, EcoSport, Focus, C-Max, and Mondeo since 2012, There's very few issues I've been able to find compared to the large distribution across Ford's lineup.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yeah, but I still didn't buy it because of the newness.

Pretty sure the blown gasket and cracked head will be an isolated failure, but carbon covered valves would be my worry.

Not sure what the op is complaining about, the head failed and they are fixing it, what exactly do you want them to do? A job like this does not warrant a complete engine unless they find more damage deeper in the motor. I can tell you that the tech doesn't want to do this work, replacing the entire engine pays more with less work, so if it can be pushed to a complete engine, it will be pushed.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Yeah, but I still didn't buy it because of the newness.

Pretty sure the blown gasket and cracked head will be an isolated failure, but carbon covered valves would be my worry.

Not sure what the op is complaining about, the head failed and they are fixing it, what exactly do you want them to do? A job like this does not warrant a complete engine unless they find more damage deeper in the motor. I can tell you that the tech doesn't want to do this work, replacing the entire engine pays more with less work, so if it can be pushed to a complete engine, it will be pushed.
Every post he's made is a complaint regarding something where there's nothing to complain about:

1: Complaining that his car doesn't go 130 MPH even though the speedometer goes to 130.

2: Claiming the lack of an oil reset reminder makes the car a "lemon".

3: Complaining because Ford is actually replacing an engine that failed under his operation, without apparent hassle.

That is literally the sum of all his activity here, and why I give him zero sympathy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
"if I remember correctly the 1.0L Ecoboost was developed back in 2014. Which means its still new and the reason I went toward the non ecoboost."

New isn't an excuse. You don't sell a car without debugging it. It's been a year and a couple of days since I got rid of my Fiesta. The Honda has had zero issues. I made an appointment for a repair the day I took delivery on it, and then it got worse.(The Fiesta) The only real surprise was the gas milage, at worst , it gets three mile per gallon worse. This is an Accord with 65 more hp and well, compared to the Fiesta, it's huge. Also much quicker than you would expect with only 65 more HP.
Your right about the debugging it. But with new products comes new problems. Its why i prefer to wait a bit for mijority of the big problems to be fix.

·
Registered
70 Posts

I hope not.
Ya your right. I totally forgot to add that into my post above.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just after reading your posts of Mr. SPEEDY over here. I cant really give any sympothy here. You say its a brand new engine in a brand new car but the way you want to break it in is going 100+mph in the car. That can very much so explain the issues you have. Yoi ran your car to the ground. If Ford saw this. I think they would void your warrenty for miss use of the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well,

1. You bemoaned the car's speed topping out at 118 mph when the speedometer goes to 130 mph, so we can already assume you don't treat your car lightly. Neither here nor there, but just a data point.

2. From your profile: "...received a masters in automotive in high school". Good job? Not quite sure what high schools are accredited to dish out a Master's Degree, but sure. Not sure if this is a joke or you are actually trying to convince people of it.

3. You apparently can't figure out oil change cycles without your car telling you, and then accuse the car of being a lemon.

Are you looking for sympathy? None to be had here, sorry. Your credibility is trash.
Point number one dirtyblue shirt, you are correct. I am not grandma with my car. I do not redline it ever, I like when civics try against the Fiesta. Its funny.

Point two, yes the masters degree is a joke, a bad one at that. I do have ASE certs, not all so I cannot call myself a master technician just yet. I do have a couple certs from NHTSA for electrical modification and new installation on motor vehicles as well as SRS modification and airbag disablement systems. I have two or three from NMEDA for again electrical modification and proper installation of handicap mobility equipment. BraunAbility certified conversion vehicle and handicap mobility lift repair technician. Forklift operators license, drivers license ect ect. Not trying to flex nuts I promise, just not your average mom and pop shop mechanic. I get people and veterans who are disabled back on the road.

Point three, the service intervals, how to work on the vehicle, maintain it ect. Thats second nature my friend. I'm not DUMB. I could explain all of the issues I've had with my car besides the oil life, but that would belong on a different post! Ill name a few... Water pump leaking, Casting sand in the coolant, Freezing evap core from bad expansion valve, screen for the radio/sync system failed TWICE now, APIM (thats Accessory Protocol Interface Module if you didn't know) took a dump, could no longer connect bluetooth from internal failure nor could I connect to it with my Snapon Solus Edge, IOLM not working! And now for the newest issue: Coolant in cylinder 2, cracked head, blown head gasket.

My point is, when I started having the oil life issue, that's when I decided "screw this car", its been a downward spiral since february. I'm done.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Every post he's made is a complaint regarding something where there's nothing to complain about:

1: Complaining that his car doesn't go 130 MPH even though the speedometer goes to 130.

2: Claiming the lack of an oil reset reminder makes the car a "lemon".

3: Complaining because Ford is actually replacing an engine that failed under his operation, without apparent hassle.

That is literally the sum of all his activity here, and why I give him zero sympathy.
I am not looking for sympathy here. I'm looking for the proper procedure to be done. to have all the systems working as they should. I would like to see how much you're pissed off when your new car you pay $331 a month for, spent two and a half months at dealers service departments in the FIRST YEAR of owning it! Not to mention the rental car costs and crap rental cars. I don't know why you're tryin to troll man. Thats all you do on here is play the persona of grumpy old grandpa who doesn't understand any other way of thinking. I've seen it across many threads man.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
You have definitely got a bum Fiesta. There haven't been many of them on here since 2010, and likely Ford won't be able to keep you as a customer. If memory serves, yours is the second engine failure, and first 1.0. An exclusive club that I'm sure you aren't happy to belong to. I'm surprised that there isn't a loaner for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I am not looking for sympathy here. I'm looking for the proper procedure to be done. to have all the systems working as they should. I would like to see how much you're pissed off when your new car you pay $331 a month for, spent two and a half months at dealers service departments in the FIRST YEAR of owning it! Not to mention the rental car costs and crap rental cars. I don't know why you're tryin to troll man. Thats all you do on here is play the persona of grumpy old grandpa who doesn't understand any other way of thinking. I've seen it across many threads man.
I'm not trolling or trying to play "Grumpy Grandpa". I'm just pointing out facts and reality you don't want to face. All you've ever done here is bitch, moan, and complain. You have not once contributed to constructive discussion. We get it. You don't like the car. Get rid of it and take your whining elsewhere. It's one thing to complain and still be constructive and actually seek advice and reasonable resolutions, but all you've done is complain about what are essentially non-issues. Goodnight, I hope you find another car soon.

Sent from my iPad using Fingers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You know what man, you're right. You're completely right. That is all I've done on here, and that doesn't make me a contributor. I am sour about the car, maybe I've got my expectations too high for a 16k car. That's not fair as a forum member to not provide input for others seeking advice or opinions on their fiesta and just complain about everything. I'm done with complaining on here unless it can help others out. Thanks man, I didn't realize what I was doing, or not doing rather :)

·
Super Moderator
1,269 Posts
@GoMode: Your Fiesta seems to have more issues / serious issues than most on these boards with such low miles. I gotta say that I would be pretty upset, too. I would look into the lemon law for your state.

@dirtyblueshirt: Cut gomode some slack. Let's be real here... nobody would be happy with the experience he has had.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I'm with DBS on this one ...

Things will break if they are abused beyond their limits. From everything you have posted, I believe that some of this damage is actually from just trying to get more than the car can deliver. If you want horsepower, Fiesta is NOT for you ... that's been stated over and over here.

I paid cash for all my Fiestas (and the Fusion as well). Of 4 Fiestas, 3 were in the shop several times in the first year for silly things like steering column issues, transmission clutches, wind deflectors, throttle sensors and other stuff. Peeved? Yup .. but not enough to claim "lemon" or anything else. Poo happens - and it happens more (and worse) if you thrash your vehicle when it shouldn't be.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Okay ... say just one nice thing about the car. Seriously ... just one that you like. There has to be one. I'm curious.

There was a member here - and he's been in a few times - had a Fiesta worse than yours by one hell of a longshot. Much as he groused and grumbled about the things wrong with it, he still had good things to say about it and even worked with new owners on their experiences. That's a constructive poster ... owning a total POS (and it was) out of the gate but advocating the good points.

So, what in your opinion is good about the car? Hmmmm?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Okay ... say just one nice thing about the car. Seriously ... just one that you like. There has to be one. I'm curious.

There was a member here - and he's been in a few times - had a Fiesta worse than yours by one hell of a longshot. Much as he groused and grumbled about the things wrong with it, he still had good things to say about it and even worked with new owners on their experiences. That's a constructive poster ... owning a total POS (and it was) out of the gate but advocating the good points.

So, what in your opinion is good about the car? Hmmmm?
I'm going to get a little gay here, be warned lol. I absolutely love my fiesta! The way it handles, the exhaust note, the layout of the dash, seats are way comfortable. I've driven mine to la, San Francisco, san diego, phoenix, reno, Tahoe, anaheim, Castaic. I love going on long trips in this car, don't feel fatigued even on a ten hour drive. It's quick, nimble, you can feel just enough of the road when on the freeway, and it's silent! No tire noise, no wind noise when you're driving 75-80mph. I'd highly recommend it to anyone. I've gotten one of my friends to buy one, he got a 2015 automatic white sedan 1.6l and he loves it. I have a little 10 inch sub in the back I wired up to the oem radio with a high low converter. And even with the sub back there, I can still get $250 worth of groceries in the trunk because it's so darn big. If I could snap my fingers and have all the issues go away, I'd keep this car till the wheels fall off. I put the ford performance short throw shifter in that I ordered through summit. I recommend the crap out of that $200 investment! 5th is a stretch of the arm, but it tightens up that tractor like throw immensely! I got a bad car, I'd still buy another.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts