Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we have at least two very solid motorheads amongst the agents that frequent the forum, I have a few questions to ask. Do either of you know about the internals of the 1.6 Ti-VCT as far as timing belt vs. timing chain? It seems I haven't been able to find consistent information about that, and I would imagine either way, the US version will have the same setup as that would require quite a bit of redesign. I'll go ahead and opine that I'd prefer a chain instead of expensive q. 100,000 mile changes of a belt.

I know Brian commented on the intake/exhaust being the opposite of the Focus. From what I remember from the Ride & Drive, the intake on the Fiesta is on the front of the engine and the exhaust toward the rear as is best for weight distribution. Am I thinking incorrectly?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I am not sure if the 1.6L uses a belt or chain, but I assume a belt. You are correct that the intake side of the engine is at the front and the exhaust is at the back. The engine is also tilted back a few degrees from vertical.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It runs a belt, interval in the UK is every 100,000 miles/8 years.

Some useful maintenace information at;

Service Schedule Vehicle Selection

European vehicles only of course, but there may be some useful info regarding the Mk7 Fiesta.

Oh, and you are correct, inlet at the front, exhaust at the back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts