Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford taps UPS to track vehicles - CNET News

It's kind of a (not so) funny article now that we've all been through the horrors of tracking (or lack there of) of our fiestas.

To add insult to injury I contacted Ford btw to create a trouble ticket with my car so that they would call the dealer so they could finally fix my car instead of leaving Ford a bunch of messages waiting for them to call them back... and the service rep on the phone said my car said it was still in transit. I had to assure her that it wasn't and that I had seen it with my own eyes, took pictures of it, and been notified on the day of delivery that it was in fact busted. So even within Ford they can't seem to keep track of these damn cars.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Maybe they should think about using the RFID technology. We use it where I work on more expensive items and it saves time and $ for tracking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Delivery

When I bought a BMW years ago, I was able to track from order to delivery, just as you would expect with almost any purchase these days.
Instead of making this substantial purchase a pleasurable experience, as it would be for any other item with this value, Ford do the opposite.
It has been so frustrating, I will be unlikely ever to buy another one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ford DOES have UPS/FedEx style tracking. Except it's in their proprietary system (it's the Vehicle Visibility Report). I wish they made it available to customers as well, it would alleviate a LOT of anxiety and wasted phone calls.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the article talks about how UPS was going to improve their vehicle transport logistics and provide BETTER tracking to their dealerships. It also mentions how they would eventually allow the consumers to track their cars through a website...

Pretty much the same way all European car companies do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts