Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a 2015 1.0 5spd with 99,500 miles. Trying to find info on these engines seems to be difficult and most info that I have been finding is from overseas. I am curious how many miles I should go on this factory timing belt? Seems like some people say it’s a “lifetime” belt but I find that hard to believe. Should I run away from the car or do you think it’ll last me a while? I hate to buy it and then immediately have to tear the engine apart

·
Registered
23 Posts
Timing belt should be replaced at 150,000 miles. The coolant reservoir and quick connect fitting from the turbo to the tank are a weak point. Get those replaced before they let go.

I have 95k+ on my car and has been pretty good.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Timing belt and oil pump belt are the least concern. Check hoses, coolant tank, and have a coolant pressure test done. Cooling is the biggest issue on this motor. It runs hot. Its cooling system is terrible. Also, I feel like the manual trans is not strong enough for this motor. Im on my second manual trans and now this one too is having issues in 1st and 2nd. The first one lasted till ~150k then second gear shredded. In honesty if this is to be a runner as in your going to use it for commuting dont buy it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
My Fiesta was an '11. Forget about the engine, the rest of the car had issue after issue. Front suspension, brakes, electrical that took over three months to sort out. It was like every other month something was wrong. I got rid of the car a 80,000 and took a massive depreciation hit. I was planing on 200,000 and ten years. My Dodge Neon was still good at over 200,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
The car chassis is solid. As said earlier, the cooling system is the weakest area so have it checked and if you do buy, replace the coolant reservoir and lines for good measure. I have 78k on mine with no issues. It is tuned and I drive it hard. Transmission is smooth.

How much is the car being offered for?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've got ~145K miles on mine and I don't baby it. I replaced the water pump and the turbo coolant return hose at 80K due to a leak. (leaking again) The only other issue I've had was a leaking seal at the transaxle to drive shaft on the passengers side. Also a very small oil leak somewhere on top of the engine at the front cover.

I've been in the habit of running the ac nearly year round because I try to keep the coolant temp below 200 F for reliability.

I'm trying to source the tools to do a timing belt change. Haven't had a whole lot of luck yet.

All in all, has it been a good car? Yes I think so. Would I buy it again? Maybe.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got 123,000 on my 1.0L and it has been great! I had my water pump go out at 20,000 miles and that was covered under warranty. I had the thermostats go out around 120,000 miles and had both replaced and a full coolant flush done at the same time. I just replaced the spark plugs and they looked really good. Outside of that, just normal wear items like tires, brakes and suspension. I'm running the ST springs with Koni orange shocks/struts. I would buy one, they are great cars! Due to the family getting bigger, I might need to upgrade mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts