Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my Fiesta climbs in miles, Ive been looking at engine options. Ive been looking at the 2.5l and wondering what my harness options would be. Im curious as to if I can get it physically running on the 1.6l harness if I switch it to spark plug wires instead of the COPs, if the cam/crank sensors are similar etc. Ive had a turbo and nitrous car, and I think an all motor Fiesta with ST power ( after minor modifications) would be interesting and a great auto-x car.

·
Registered
2015 Fiesta SEL
34 Posts
It is certainly something to chew on, though of course would require substantial modification to make work. I'm curious though if it might be more beneficial to just swap the cluster over from a focus the keep the wiring intact. Not sure how much of the fiesta platform runs on canbus, though there's certainly some suggestion of canbus where the radio integration lies. would you plan on making this a dedicated track car if a 2.5l were in the cards or a daily that you can run on the weekends?

·
Registered
162 Posts
The 2.5L Ford engine is pretty outdated so I don’t think it would be worth it with all the trouble to make it work into the Fiesta. Better off swapping in a 1.6 turbo from a wrecked ST.

As for the harness between the 1.6 non turbo and 1.6 turbo is different. If you look up Ford tasca parts it gives two different part numbers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts