Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noticed two plugs or sensors when changing oil and filter this weekend..1st one is behind the latch when you pop the hood it is clipped on behind it...the 2nd one is visible through the lower black grille area clipped to the underside bumper area....i am thinking one is the outside temp. guage...any insight????mines a =se= non sync car.hatchback...

·
Registered
46 Posts
LMTECH any ideas?

I noticed the plud by the hood latch.. Can't even gues what it is for. and the Thermo is under the front bumper so that could be what the other one is.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would guess the one under the bumper in the front by the radiator is a temperature sensor.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I noticed the plud by the hood latch.. Can't even gues what it is for. and the Thermo is under the front bumper so that could be what the other one is.
The one on the latch may be for a car that has a perimitter alarm system and it just isn't plugged in if the car isn't equipped with the feature. Some wiring harnesses have extra connectors that aren't used and are just left unplugged.
Before you ask no it isn't a matter of just plugging a connector in to get a feature just because one harness has the wiring and connector the others that it connects to in other place in the car may not have all the wiring and connectors.
Remember that I am just guessing here because without actually seeing the connector and wiring colors I can't say for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts