Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if it was possible to wire one up in a fiesta, has anyone messed around with this?

·
Registered
123 Posts
anything thing is possible not sure the cost would make it worth it on a 1.6L NA engine thou.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Really the only way to make that worth it at the moment is if you were to use a piggy back or stand alone ecu running a custom turbo set up. My suggestion would be to just be patient and wait until (if) the the fiesta st is released. I have a feeling that the after market will open up greatly for the 1.6 once that is released, with possible turbo kits. Don't quote me on that, its just a feeling.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Yes, and it already HAS it....

Step One, See Green Light
Step Two, GO !

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
My Power shift has a sort of launch control.
In neutral the engine will only rev to about 3K rpm, even at full throttle.
So dropping it into drive/low should give a good launch. Right ?
Wrong, there is a delay and everything goes back to normal.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
they are used in turbo cars extensively to build boost at the line so that you launch under positive boost and not have to build. on a n/a car with 120hp they're kinda pointless. no, i take that back. it's completely and utterly pointless. you can regulate rpm's to launch at with your foot, it's cheaper and just as effective.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My focus svt had a 2 step when the jackson racing supercharger was on it. It was done by randy at fswerks with his tune using sct xcal 2 has a flasher. But since our computers in the fiesta haven't been unlocked yet dont plan on it for the fiesta.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for bringing up something 8 years old, but if it’s autotragic: You don’t need it. Car has its own form of launch control. Turn trac off since it’s a fiesta it’s got no power anyway. Mash left foot on brake, right foot on gas. You’ll notice it does a little 2-step like noise banging from 2700-3000 back and forth. Let foot off brake and watch fiesta feel like a normal car for once. It actually kinda launches out like you’d expect it to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts