Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I think it's awesome having students get their hands dirty like this with Ford's support! In the world of pure corporate drab, it's nice to let aspiring and current engineers have a little fun - which why they wanted to join the auto industry in the first place :cool:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Judging by the silhouette on the cover, is it a 3 door???? Kinda of tough to tell...
... with an roof air scoop?

And DLR's.

And drilled brake discs.

And I think it has a rear door handle.

(and maybe some holes through the bonnet)

When is the reveal?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I believe the roof bulge is the sunroof open-slopes up. As for 3 or 5 doors, the pillar seems to be in the middle making it a 5-dr. Why (or how) would UTI do a 3-dr? Why don't we just wait for the reveal to find out? I'm sure it will be stunning! BTW even Ken Block has a 5-dr!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I am sure that is a 5-door. The 3-door's B-pillar is much farther back and the back half of the pillar is the glass. There is a clear line where the rear door window sits.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I am sure that is a 5-door. The 3-door's B-pillar is much farther back and the back half of the pillar is the glass. There is a clear line where the rear door window sits.
The B-pillar yes.

The other thing: You can see how there's a ridgeline in the fabric that looks like it's coming from the base of the rearview mirror. To me, it looks like the rear door handle is stretching part of the fabric out, and causing that to occur. Plus, that ridgeline is on a different angle than the window beltline.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
it's a Fiesta -- see the LED supplemental driving lamp?

·
Registered
984 Posts
it's a Fiesta -- see the LED supplemental driving lamp?
Yeah I saw that but even the hood lines look more like the Focus than the Fiesta. Maybe the LED Lamps will be a popular custom trick for other cars.

·
Registered
984 Posts
There should be quite a few Fiestas at SEMA. We will be there covering it.
I am waiting till after SEMA to see what comes out of the show for the Festa. Glad to hear that you will be giving us the heads up on the show.

·
Registered
194 Posts
UTI had a booth with their Fiesta at the LA Auto Show. I snapped some pics with my iPhone for the Fiesta Faction crowd, including one of the sign showing how you can enter to win this car. It would be cool if it ended up in the hands of someone here. :)

There were several things I really liked about it, but some of their modifications would have to go if I were the winner - specifically the pinstriping and the NOS. :eek: The wheels and brakes were perfect. :cool:

>8^)
ER

1 - 15 of 15 Posts