Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw on the Ford Gemany site in the Fiesta brochure that the Sony HU audio seen in the next gen Focus and
C-Max will be offered for this years Fiesta

Also read that a tweaked Fiesta will be shown at the 2011 Geneva Auto Show with revised front bumper
and LED driving lights which follow the design
of the revised S-MAX and Mondeo

plus the new direct injection, turbocharged
EcoBoost engine range.
The Fiesta will get the 90bhp three-cylinder 1.0-litre unit
that debuted in the Start concept car which
was shown in China earlier this year

·
Registered
430 Posts
Interesting, I wonder if this will be an option and available for north America fiesta in the next revision

·
Registered
584 Posts
Woah, nice find dude!

The Sony head unit looks pretty slick, but I'm rather fond of the current cell-phone-esque head unit so I've got mixed feelings there (I assume the Sony is an option though)

Will be interesting to see the revised front fascia, I wonder if it will more closely resemble the US-spec or if it will get the Focus Mk3's "fangs"

·
Banned
528 Posts
The only difference is the head...

Woah, nice find dude!

The Sony head unit looks pretty slick, but I'm rather fond of the current cell-phone-esque head unit so I've got mixed feelings there (I assume the Sony is an option though)

Will be interesting to see the revised front fascia, I wonder if it will more closely resemble the US-spec or if it will get the Focus Mk3's "fangs"
As far as I know, and have heard the guts of the NA Fiesta Stereo is Sony, so really it's just for looks?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hopefully that the glossy black plastic is scratch resistant because I have never had good experiences with any of my glossy black electronics

·
Registered
984 Posts
With the right hand drive in this picture and the head unit design it puts the source selecting buttons further from the driver.
I don't see why that would be a better design especially since EU cars don't have SYNC.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
wow. it looks cool but looks like it would be harder to operate the smaller buttons.

·
Registered
893 Posts
With the right hand drive in this picture and the head unit design it puts the source selecting buttons further from the driver.
I don't see why that would be a better design especially since EU cars don't have SYNC.
Technically they do in Europe they don't call it Sync though, and they don't have Sat Radio which I thought they came with as well. Thats about the only difference between the NA spec and the EU spec Fiestas is Sirius Satellite Radio but otherwise they have Sync technically. You can play your Zune/Ipod through USB hookups and the likewise. Plus bluetooth voice dialing. Also this technology was out by 2002 in the EU and Australia the like before we even thought of it up.

·
Registered
949 Posts
That would also be true for the 'old' head unit design.

Interesting to see that this Sony radio has all the additional buttons of our familiar head unit: the 4 'Sync' buttons at the bottom, the central door locking, emergency light, it's all there!
Does look difficult to use as a phone though... (top row buttons)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Looks like it can finally be used as a "joystick". Yay!
The one in the Fiesta can be used as a joystick also.
The next Focus is going to have MyFord system and for the people who can't figure out SYNC then MyFord will not even be possible to attempt. It not only controls the music it also controls the dash displays and A/C displays based on the drivers set preferences. I haven't played with the system yet but I am looking forward to it. The first gen Fusion Hybrid had a somewhat simple version of it and it was very.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I love Sync and the idea behind it but most Americans are too ignorant for it. It amazes me how many people who own Lincolns that have Sync and Mercury as well as Fords and refuse to use the bluetooth. Why buy a car with such features if you're not going to use them? It's not that hard to understand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts