Fiesta Faction banner

101 - 120 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Even if it looks "okay" it's probably not a bad idea to let them do their thing and clean up the box and seal it. It may prevent future problems. I don't know if my couple of idle stumbles and a stall was due to any thing in the fuse box or not, but the last time I looked in the fuse box, it did look grungy, even though I put some filter foam in the vent. If they're willing to clean it up, I'll let them. :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Clearly the 2013s suffer from this problem too! When will Ford finally admit that their fuse panel engineering is crap and a recall is required? If you are in Canada, go to Transport Canada and report the problem, it may trigger a mandatory recall.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Car is at the dealer all apart waiting for a new under hood harness.. Been in a rental for 6 weeks now (two rental cars, Ford Edge and now a Ford escape). Part is on backorder with an eta that has passed by over a month......Going to call Ford customer service soon because I miss driving this car and this is getting out of control. I work at the Ford dealer (parts) and if I look out my parts door, I see my car less then 10 feet away from me all apart.....

·
Registered
654 Posts
The last time I had my car in for a recall on the door latches, I was specific with them that I wouldn't bring it in unless I knew the parts were there, just to avoid dumb crap like that. Hard to believe that you work there and they can't sort it out. 6 damn weeks? Ugh...

·
Registered
319 Posts
I do not know if this is the same as I got a letter from Ford about a CSP 17B16 to seal the Battery Junction Box and fix any corrosion

·
Registered
379 Posts
Oh that's more than the car is worth! I'll wait for the Transport Canada recall.....if it happens.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am curious about what the difference is between the original harness and the replacement, and what if any measures will be taken to keep water and salt away from the lower part of the fuse-relay box.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Glad to hear it finally found its way over. Now how long before they get it done? Getting the parts is half the hassle sometimes.

·
Registered
654 Posts
One of the "solutions", IIRC, is that they clean the fuses and junctions. So, what I'm curious about is if they just clean the junctions and connections, what steps are taken, if any, to prevent the same thing from happening again? Or does the recall involve not just cleaning the box and wiring, but sealing it as well? If you look at the box, you can look right through. The bottom appears to just be wide open on the bottom there.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah that's what I'm getting at!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Glad to hear it finally found its way over. Now how long before they get it done? Getting the parts is half the hassle sometimes.
Hopefully the first week of January. The car is all apart, old harness is out... as for the updated part, i looked at the new harness, no odvious change but I know the foam inserts will be going in

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hum wonder if this is the cause of my intermittent abs, traction ,hill assist light going on and off , Sometimes I can go week with it off
then boom it pops back up , no rhyme or reason .

·
Registered
379 Posts
Get some Molyslip Combat spray and blast the box. It may well be the cause and if the symptoms disappear, that's the source of the trouble. If you are in Canada, report it to Transport Canada.

101 - 120 of 158 Posts